uPdate available in Australia?

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Integrated Spotify just started working for me
I will try it again. I've been using Spotify through Android Auto which works OK, but only if I'm driving the car.
I had it at the dealer on Friday at their request - after much head scratching they conceded it was not user error. Fingers crossed....
Sponsored

OpinionatedOz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I will try it again. I've been using Spotify through Android Auto which works OK, but only if I'm driving the car.
I had it at the dealer on Friday at their request - after much head scratching they conceded it was not user error. Fingers crossed....
Good luck! Although mine has reverted to the same error code again, so
something amiss at the server end. At least it worked for a few hours…

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Still waiting for the uPdate. Date was pushed out another month due to a shortage of loan cars. It's not urgent, so not a problem. It must be quite a mission: The service team wants the car for two days.

In other news, Australian dealers are quoting 18 months for Taycan deliveries!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Still waiting for the uPdate. Date was pushed out another month due to a shortage of loan cars. It's not urgent, so not a problem. It must be quite a mission: The service team wants the car for two days.

In other news, Australian dealers are quoting 18 months for Taycan deliveries!
1 day for the work (largely unattended software updates) and 1 day 'insurance' should it go south.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to my dealer, the (large) download is tailored specifically for your car. Not a generic download for all and a small individual config file. So for Aussie dealers at the wrong end of a crappy NBN connection it takes some time to download from the Porsche mothership.

uPdate is absolutely worth it if you are an Android user. Just need to fix the car native Spotify now...

Reactions: S77

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
According to my dealer, the (large) download is tailored specifically for your car. Not a generic download for all and a small individual config file. So for Aussie dealers at the wrong end of a crappy NBN connection it takes some time to download from the Porsche mothership.

uPdate is absolutely worth it if you are an Android user. Just need to fix the car native Spotify now...
Correct the uPdate is a collection of updates / recall campaigns which depending on model year of vehicle and options installed will drive the time to update.

MY22 cars delivered pre uPdate taking the least time and MY20 with all options the longest.

Note also that installation may not go smoothly and may have to be restarted thereby adding to the time.

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Picked up my CT4S last Tuesday with uPdate installed. This is a MY22, unused but six months old which I managed to snag instead of waiting until the middle of next year, at the earliest, for the car I ordered early March this year.
no discounts but I didn’t pay any ADM so I happy about that.
all systems seem good including Spotify.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Picked up my CT4S last Tuesday with uPdate installed. This is a MY22, unused but six months old which I managed to snag instead of waiting until the middle of next year, at the earliest, for the car I ordered early March this year.
no discounts but I didn’t pay any ADM so I happy about that.
all systems seem good including Spotify.
Congratulations! Photos and review please.

Reactions: S77

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For OzzieT
I’ve done about 400k’s in a week, one trip to a small town called Bangalow, inland from the infamous Byron Bay.
80% freeway, 20% country roads.
Initial impressions, quiet, beautiful bump soaking ride, very comfortable, electric hum a bit strange at first, creates a lot of interest and most importantly wife and dog happy.
Since then running around the burbs of the Gold Coast easy and efficient.
One really strange occurrence, every petrol station I pass I keep looking at the cost per litre and then I realise I don’t need to!

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 1917614B-67D2-471D-9B65-5EABE1EC15B5

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 140E567D-A4AB-4489-AA92-49ACA82201F9

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 79BB2502-4B23-420F-95DD-39253F4B7C7C

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks @Manyana ! What a picture - car looks great, super locale and happy dog in the back. Like the plate as well, cool finishing touch. I remain in the great Porsche Taycan holding pattern, so your review keeps me going. I'm looking forward to not having to go to a service station ever again - especially when its raining and the concrete forecourt is covered in oil and grime. Not to mention unpredictable fuel prices.

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks @Manyana ! What a picture - car looks great, super locale and happy dog in the back. Like the plate as well, cool finishing touch. I remain in the great Porsche Taycan holding pattern, so your review keeps me going. I'm looking forward to not having to go to a service station ever again - especially when its raining and the concrete forecourt is covered in oil and grime. Not to mention unpredictable fuel prices.
When is your car due? Ours is currently parked out in the rain at our friends house. We went for lunch to their place and when we realised it was almost dark we thought it best not to drive, wine was good though, a Tempranillo from Rutherglen 🍷

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When is your car due? Ours is currently parked out in the rain at our friends house. We went for lunch to their place and when we realised it was almost dark we thought it best not to drive, wine was good though, a Tempranillo from Rutherglen 🍷
There is something about the Taycan that makes it the perfect car for both a road trip and a long ‘Ieave the car here‘ lunch! Congrats on the new car. Dog Approval Rating appears to be high.

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPdate completed yesterday. No problems. The first couple of trips suggest that efficiency has improved… but I need a few more data points to be reasonably certain. The manuals were not replaced (unlike other countries).

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last Friday I went for a “spirited” drive alone through the Scenic Rim, which is the mountain range about 20ks inland from the Gold Coast, through to a lovely small town called Tyalgum in New South Wales.
Really great roads, little to no traffic and quite often wet, which i don’t mind driving in those conditions.
I normally take my 718 Spyder which you can imagine is the perfect car for this drive.
So taking the Taycan was a great opportunity to explore the ride, handling and brakes and perhaps reference them to the Spyder.
A few things stood out, the Taycan is much wider than the Spyder, or it feels like it is as I haven’t checked the stats.
Handling is excellent and the suspension was mostly good, however on a few occasions it hit the bump stops in compressions, but I was pushing quite hard, 130 to 160 ks. ph, however it never jumped offline coming off the rebound.
I was braking hard into the corners with no issue and used the awesome torque to accelerate out of the corners.
Referencing to the Spyder, really, really surprising, I was expecting more of a limo experience, which it is on the freeways, but very, very good in the twisties.
Some photos.
Cheers,

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 0ADE08F1-718E-4E50-85A8-C2227DA8799B

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? E176E5A4-2A72-4C71-B82B-C9E717F28C84