Used e-tron GT prices

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
Whatever you say. Its likely a waste of my time replying back to someone who thinks what THEY value in a car is what should be most important to everyone else.
A companies ability to charge higher prices based on its market positioning, perceived prestige or history has nothing to do with the value of a very a specific example; in this case the GT vs the Taycan.
Yes, in my opinion like for like they are equal but different (with the exception of the Turbo S because Audi doesn’t offer an analog), especially with the new price increases that Porsche just put through.
And I’m willing to bet those who are not label snobs and drive both cars will start to realize the premium vs the actual delta between the cars will not be worth it.

So no, we didn’t say the same thing and hopefully now I’ve been a bit more clear.

If you’re happy with the choice you made that’s what matters (we all know that) and it equally holds true for those who may have made a different one. Something you haven’t seemed to grasp, or won’t.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I think if one is shopping for a deal off msrp and likes 21inch wheels the game in town is looking for a Turbo S.

everything else appears to be on a reasonable depreciation curve….

The shock is the dealers maintain insane margins by paying crap for a trade in of a Taycan it appears. I didn’t buy my 4s with resale in mind, but I would be terrified to list it private and suspect dealers are going to try and low ball on trades a lot more than they would on a more common car.

These are mostly guesses by what I see on listings.

Zepkingltj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 e-tron GT Prestige
Country flag
I think if one is shopping for a deal off msrp and likes 21inch wheels the game in town is looking for a Turbo S.

everything else appears to be on a reasonable depreciation curve….

The shock is the dealers maintain insane margins by paying crap for a trade in of a Taycan it appears. I didn’t buy my 4s with resale in mind, but I would be terrified to list it private and suspect dealers are going to try and low ball on trades a lot more than they would on a more common car.

These are mostly guesses by what I see on listings.
I agree - I think you can find better % discounts for Turbo S

But I'm going to be honest, I have zero use for the speed nor do I want to spend 30-40k more than what I paid just for the sake of having something I may not need.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I seriously looked at the e-Tron GT (especially with the Costco incentives) and do like the design. Two things swayed me to the Cross Turismo - Estate/station wagon format and Mamba Green Metallic paint color...

I've yet to see an e-tron GT on the road here in my part of northern, CA..
Sponsored