Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey all, so I’m excited about getting my new turbo S. Should be here by next week. It’s spec’d the way I want it and I got a pretty good deal on it for the mileage.

Only one issue is the exterior color. It’a a volcano grey metallic. I like the color but it’s rather muted.

I figure I’m going to ppf it so why not just wrap it. I understand they are not the same protection.

I’d prefer to wrap the car in a light grey color, preferably similar Porsche’s chalk color. Other option I was thinking was ppf stealth.

I found a 3M wrap that’s close called Gloss Storm Grey. Anyone have others that may be better/more similar to chalk?

the volcano grey pics are mine and the chalk one is one from this site.

thanks in advance

Porsche Taycan Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas IMG_7366

Porsche Taycan Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas IMG_5045

Porsche Taycan Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas IMG_7364

Porsche Taycan Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas IMG_7368

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I figure I’m going to ppf it so why not just wrap it. I understand they are not the same protection.
Have you considered colored PPF instead of vinyl wrap? With colored PPF, you get the thick film protection of PPF, along with actual paint pigment sandwiched inside the film. It's a lot more expensive than a wrap, but it's much more durable and protective. Examples:

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Have you considered colored PPF instead of vinyl wrap? With colored PPF, you get the thick film protection of PPF, along with actual paint pigment sandwiched inside the film. It's a lot more expensive than a wrap, but it's much more durable and protective. Examples:
This is definitely the way to go for a durable satisfying color change.

Chalk is amazing, I came from a Chalk Panamera Sport Turismo to my Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Volcano grey to chalk Grey wrap ideas IMG_0918

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve thought about stek’s dynogray or even dynowhite but the single quote I’ve gotten so far was close to 10k usd. That’s nearly 10% of the value of the car…

that being said, if I do a stealth xpel wrap, that’s also about 6500 or so…