andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What will happen to your approved warranty?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I do not know but are there any exclusions in this policy? Would surprise me just by changing wheels that warranty won't apply....i don't think such a Porsche claim would hold seeing the strict European consumer law and consumer rights.
It would mean that damage was done by using other rims and tires....i think that is far fetched.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to the wheel experts and they mentioned they even deliver Vossen straight to dealers as well as customers wanted them. Highly unlikely there is a warranty void just by changing wheels/tires, especially when they are made for Taycan...i.e. exact measurements 5x130 71.60mm and front back in line offset wise (same distance away from suspension)...on either 9J / 11J or 9..5J / 11.5J. I do not see a point to claim then
Anyway, not my concern anymore especially not with so many consumer rights here.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Spoke to the wheel experts and they mentioned they even deliver Vossen straight to dealers as well as customers wanted them. Highly unlikely there is a warranty void just by changing wheels/tires, especially when they are made for Taycan...i.e. exact measurements 5x130 71.60mm and front back in line offset wise (same distance away from suspension)...on either 9J / 11J or 9..5J / 11.5J. I do not see a point to claim then
Anyway, not my concern anymore especially not with so many consumer rights here.
When I investigated warranty v wheel and tyre issues regarding going to winter tyres both warranty and insurance were valid as long as the wheel and tyre sizes were the same as a stock size.

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I investigated warranty v wheel and tyre issues regarding going to winter tyres both warranty and insurance were valid as long as the wheel and tyre sizes were the same as a stock size.
What warranty would they possibly refer to...? As it will be hard to justify for Porsche if any matter is related to different wheel size.
For example my OEM set winter was 9J / 11J with 245 and 285 tires in the back. My OEM summer set is 9.5J / 11.5J with 265 tires in front and 305 in back. Now my winterset is mounted on the summer OEM rim with 275 -315 front back NO tires (pirelli sottozero Porsche rated but there are no Taycan rated tires in 21 inch). I can't imagine this would void any warranty.
On the new Vossen summerset, the rim size is 9J / 11J (same as the OEM winter size), however now in 22 inch, as a result tire size is 265-30-R22 in front and 305-25-R22 in back. Tires are conti sportcontact 6, "same width" as OEM but obviously on a bigger rim. No NO not NF0 rated tire though.
What warranty would this potentially void? I doubt they would go this route, as a consumer in EU you have a lot of rights, and by getting a high quality aftermarket purposely built/fitted wheel can't void warranty I reckon. If it does, just wondering what exclusions these are....I think honestly that building a case on any damage claim by Porsche, based on a wheel choice that are so close to original specs and roadworthy, would be hard.
I guess Porsche rather sees their own wheels but hey not everyone would like to stick to what is offered out of the factory.

Just wondering what would be the potential exclusion other than damage caused (to brakes for example) by swapping out the wheels?
Sponsored