Waitlist to delivery time

Lucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X5
Country flag
Hi all, new to the forum but have been following threads for almost a year now during the process of finally deciding on a Taycan.

I finally took the first step and put down a deposit to get on a waitlist for a 4S Cross Turismo. The problem is, my local dealer said I was 12 on the list for a CT (didn’t specify which trim).

Another local dealer just said I’d be third, so considering getting on that list now as well (not trying to work the system, just want one quickly).

My question is, how long do you anticipate it would take to actually deliver a Taycan if I were #4 or #12 on the list. Neither dealer would give me any sort of idea. Now debating if I try and find a pre-built one while I wait.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Hi all, new to the forum but have been following threads for almost a year now during the process of finally deciding on a Taycan.

I finally took the first step and put down a deposit to get on a waitlist for a 4S Cross Turismo. The problem is, my local dealer said I was 12 on the list for a CT (didn’t specify which trim).

Another local dealer just said I’d be third, so considering getting on that list now as well (not trying to work the system, just want one quickly).

My question is, how long do you anticipate it would take to actually deliver a Taycan if I were #4 or #12 on the list. Neither dealer would give me any sort of idea. Now debating if I try and find a pre-built one while I wait.

Thanks in advance!
I would contact ten different Dealers (doesn’t matter where they are located) and see if you find an allocation faster. Depending on the size of a Dealer number 4 could be 4- 6 months to get an allocation and then six more months to get delivery of a Car. Number 12, again depending on the size of the Dealer sounds like 12-18 months. There are cars for sale at dealers. Just not easy to find exactly what you may want. Be careful of Dealers just collecting deposits to get on a future list. Good luck.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I suggest expanding out of your local area. I didn't have too much trouble finding an allocation. Getting on a wait list is not the best scenario. You have little control of what is happening behind the scenes on the wait list.

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
I would reach out to dealers across the country and see if anyone has an allocation available before considering putting down a deposit to be on wait-list. There is no guarantee the dealer will go through the wait-list based on queued priority or would have other considerations (such as going over msrp) unless you have previously established trust relationship with the dealer.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
I had an expensive solution. Expect 12 months till delivery on 4S, keep looking at that devil configurator, add enough options that it then makes sense to go to a Turbo (if on finance), get a call saying due 5 months earlier than expected, quickly reevaluate your finances ?

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
I went to Cars.com and searched their listings for the whole country and then sent out inquiries to get info on the CT's I was interested in. Many are already allocated but some are not. It may not exactly be configured how you want it but I found one very close. I live in Southern California and bought mine from a New York dealer and had it trucked to me. Didn't have to wait and was able to purchase at MSRP. All the dealers in California are charging premiums.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
For my 22 RWD (I know, different) we ordered on August 9 and took delivery November 9. We just snagged a spot for a GTS and we're being told late July.
Sponsored