aljparker108

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A warning to all but particularly UK owners. I have posted before but can now confirm many service centres in Europe are either incapable or do not want to repair your Taycan and the so called Porsche recovery service is a joke, its the AA based in France. My Taycan broke down in Greece on 04/07 has taken 12 weeks to get back to the UK and I am now waiting for a new battery to be fitted. Given a BMW petrol as replacement some 5 weeks after losing the Taycan.
My first Porsche purchase and my last! The customer service from UK Porsche has been awful and I look forward to my battle when the car is eventually returned to me, sold and they have confirmed their supposed generous compensation package.
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I would imagine that recovering any car of any marque from Greece to the UK is going to have challenges these days. It's probably not specific to Porsche.

Sorry to hear yours has broken

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
A warning to all but particularly UK owners. I have posted before but can now confirm many service centres in Europe are either incapable or do not want to repair your Taycan and the so called Porsche recovery service is a joke, its the AA based in France. My Taycan broke down in Greece on 04/07 has taken 12 weeks to get back to the UK and I am now waiting for a new battery to be fitted. Given a BMW petrol as replacement some 5 weeks after losing the Taycan.
My first Porsche purchase and my last! The customer service from UK Porsche has been awful and I look forward to my battle when the car is eventually returned to me, sold and they have confirmed their supposed generous compensation package.
I echo these comments. A similar issue happened to me.

I couldn't get the OPC in Spain to look at the issue for many days and then it was time to return home.
Porsche recovery wasn't interested since the car was "driveable" although I couldn't DC charge it.
When I got home ( after many days ) my local OPC had already downloaded the remote diagnostics, ordered the three possible parts they thought it could be. They swapped the part in a few hours.

It seems Taycan's fall between two stools. OPC's aren't interested and neither is Porsche Recovery

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure about breakdown servicing, but the Palma OPC was extremely helpful when I had some minor issues over an extended trip last summer.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am very surprised to hear that Porsche Centres would not repair our car? There must be more to this. What reason did they give for not repairing the car??

My car broke down with a battery fault plus control unit fault in Sweden 4th September. Porsche Assistance in France arranged a tow company the same day and the next day a Porsche Centre started to diagnose what the issue was. It did take two full days just for diagnostics and fault searching but they got it done. Then spare parts were ordered plus repair slots at Batterz Hub since not all centres have the full equipment. Repair took about 10 days from start to finish.

There was never any question or problem about doing the repair!!!!

Repatriating the car to France was a completely different story. And that has not been even started as yet. And the car has been standing ready at the centre for 12 days now. Complete incompetence by Porsche Assistance here in France and as you say it is not even Porsche. In my case it is AXA that should handle this and Porsche France have washed their hands from it. No help whatsoever from them.

I can only agree with you about my last Porsche as well. I have had 5 of them before.

DJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had a particularly challenging time recovering a Taycan from Reims this summer following a puncture - AA Porsche assistance were challenging and prone to argue rather than resolve. Took 6 days for OPC to locate suitable tyre - went back to pick the vehicle up in person as I didn’t fancy my chances of it being repatriated intact.
AA assistance refused to reimburse the vehicle recovery as I’d apparently organised the transport to the OPC - I didn’t even know there was one in Reims - Porsche UK refunded the cost. A pointlessly stressful process with AA having no idea re scheme terms - I had to introduce Porsche UK to get anything moving.
Subsequently wrote to Porsche setting out my experience - acknowledged receipt and repaid the recovery cost but no further response.
I’ve had no issue taking the vehicle abroad a number of times - next time I’ll have a spare wheel & tyre in the boot, If I’m heading through France / Italy / Spain as there’s just so few Taycans sold in these markets - so the OPCs and local supply chains don’t appear geared up to support. At least that’s been my experience.

OP
OP

aljparker108

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am very surprised to hear that Porsche Centres would not repair our car? There must be more to this. What reason did they give for not repairing the car??

My car broke down with a battery fault plus control unit fault in Sweden 4th September. Porsche Assistance in France arranged a tow company the same day and the next day a Porsche Centre started to diagnose what the issue was. It did take two full days just for diagnostics and fault searching but they got it done. Then spare parts were ordered plus repair slots at Batterz Hub since not all centres have the full equipment. Repair took about 10 days from start to finish.

There was never any question or problem about doing the repair!!!!

Repatriating the car to France was a completely different story. And that has not been even started as yet. And the car has been standing ready at the centre for 12 days now. Complete incompetence by Porsche Assistance here in France and as you say it is not even Porsche. In my case it is AXA that should handle this and Porsche France have washed their hands from it. No help whatsoever from them.

I can only agree with you about my last Porsche as well. I have had 5 of them before.
Just to qualify my previous post.
I believe it is Porsche Eastern Europe ie. Greece & balkans where you get the severe problems they don’t have the knowledge experience or technicians to take on any major repairs & there are lots relating to Taycan battery failures. Athens refused to look at my vehicle as they couldn’t even disarm the tracker, told me it would take min 16 weeks to get the parts & begged me to repatriate the car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I’ve had no issue taking the vehicle abroad a number of times - next time I’ll have a spare wheel & tyre in the boot, If I’m heading through France / Italy / Spain as there’s just so few Taycans sold in these markets - so the OPCs and local supply chains don’t appear geared up to support.
You have had a terrible experience with your car in France for sure. The issue is mainly that there are not many tyres approved for the Taycan( NF0) and their total number of Taycan, on the road is not that high. But any good tyre shop and Porsche service centres can find and replace a new tyre within a few days. May be more expensive than the U.K. but it works fine.

I have had to replace two front tyres in Sweden and it took a few days to get replacement tyres. The size and NF0 was not available everywhere for sure. Exactly the same here in France when I needed two new rears. Ordered Friday at lunch and fitted on Tuesday morning. I got around carefully over the weekend with a plugged tyre, and with restricted speeds, but it worked out fine. In both cases it would have been easier to get a new non-NF0 tyre like a Michelin, but did not feel right.

Here is hoping more tyre manufacturer (most wished for Michelin) will start releasing NF- specs tyres

I888I

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911-996 - Taycan GTS (9/23) - Cessna C340A
Country flag

Surprising post.
I am sorry you feel this way, but my experience is the opposite.

My Taycan GTS is in Europe, functions perfectly till today, and I am extremely pleased with the service of the Porsche Centre during the last 25 years... It is my second Porsche, and probably won’t be my last.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I had a particularly challenging time recovering a Taycan from Reims this summer following a puncture - AA Porsche assistance were challenging and prone to argue rather than resolve. Took 6 days for OPC to locate suitable tyre - went back to pick the vehicle up in person as I didn’t fancy my chances of it being repatriated intact.
AA assistance refused to reimburse the vehicle recovery as I’d apparently organised the transport to the OPC - I didn’t even know there was one in Reims - Porsche UK refunded the cost. A pointlessly stressful process with AA having no idea re scheme terms - I had to introduce Porsche UK to get anything moving.
Subsequently wrote to Porsche setting out my experience - acknowledged receipt and repaid the recovery cost but no further response.
I’ve had no issue taking the vehicle abroad a number of times - next time I’ll have a spare wheel & tyre in the boot, If I’m heading through France / Italy / Spain as there’s just so few Taycans sold in these markets - so the OPCs and local supply chains don’t appear geared up to support. At least that’s been my experience.
I'd have been temped to fit any tyre - non NF0 or whatever to get home. Then 'request' porsche swap them over for free. Just a thought - after the horse has bolted of course.

DJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'd have been temped to fit any tyre - non NF0 or whatever to get home. Then 'request' porsche swap them over for free. Just a thought - after the horse has bolted of course.
Ahh - i tried. I said that I’d take any similar tyre - can’t be done. I pointed to a vehicle in the showroom that could have supplied same tyre & to 2 pre owned vehicles on stock with the same tyres that I could see outside the showroom. Not possible - can’t mix and match in France, - fine I’ll take two - also not possible - OK all 4 four (I’ve a cross and could take them back with me) can’t sell preowned. So quite a few hurdles.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Ahh - i tried. I said that I’d take any similar tyre - can’t be done. I pointed to a vehicle in the showroom that could have supplied same tyre & to 2 pre owned vehicles on stock with the same tyres that I could see outside the showroom. Not possible - can’t mix and match in France, - fine I’ll take two - also not possible - OK all 4 four (I’ve a cross and could take them back with me) can’t sell preowned. So quite a few hurdles.
Computer says 'No'.

Nightmare.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
This is interesting as I had a puncture, nail in the tyre just as I merged onto the Lyon Paris motorway north of Lyon, managed to get to the layby at the peage 1km along and rang Porsche assist. They were helpful but only 112 can recover you from an autoroute.

Rang 112 and was on a truck in 20 minutes, as it was Friday afternoon and I had kids, dog and bikes on the back I asked to be taken to Porsche North Lyon but they can only recover you to their garage as it's an emergency services thing. Anyway the guy took us to a Kwik Fit equivalent near his garage and after a quick chat the owner drove to a supplier and picked up 2 Hankooks that met the weight and size requirement and had us on the road in under 2 hours from the puncture. If he hadn't done that I was going to have to get Porsche Assist to take us to Lyon and it would have been Monday given the time. Very lucky escape.
Sponsored