Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I thought I was maybe imagining it at first, but there's an annoying wavy section on the windscreen of my new Taycan which is making my eyes sore when driving. It's a bit like those joke mirrors - there's a slight wavy distortion and typically it's right where my eyes focus on the road.

Does anyone know if this might be due to the gtechniq application or likely to be a windscreen defect? Hoping the former!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
As an update, it's going back to the dealer tomorrow for them to look - only had the car 6 days so not planning on letting it be taken away yet but at least they'll be able to have a closer look

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Was going to ask if you had PPF film on there which, if not installed perfectly, can give this very result - but as you say, possibly a less than perfect application of gtechniq might do the same - will be curious to hear what the tech at the dealership determines!

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Dealership could clearly see the issue and took a video. They're applying to Porsche for a new windscreen under warranty. What worried me a bit was the "apply" and "hopefully they'll say it's bad enough to replace" because it's bad enough to make my eyes hurt on anything but a very short trip. Hoping not to have to fight the case - they seemed to think it was a simple replacement

GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Dealership could clearly see the issue and took a video. They're applying to Porsche for a new windscreen under warranty. What worried me a bit was the "apply" and "hopefully they'll say it's bad enough to replace" because it's bad enough to make my eyes hurt on anything but a very short trip. Hoping not to have to fight the case - they seemed to think it was a simple replacement
if you have windscreen cover on your insurance you could just accidentally tap it with a brick...

had a new screen on mine due to a crack and within 10 miles got a chip on the new one :headbang:
Sponsored