Wax or ceramic coating for Dolomite Silver ?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I know that there are many topics on ceramic and PPF but i can’t seem to get an answer to my question.

I’m trying to make Dolomite silver a warmer color which probably rules out ceramic coating as it gives it a very cold/glassy aspect. Am i wrong ?

i had ceramic on a agate grey Macan but it never looked as goog as when it wore off and i waxed it with swissvax concorso. The paint gained significantly in depth. It looked So much nicer.

i wonder if i will achieve the same results on a Dolomite Silver car or if i should forget about it and go ahead with a cold ceramic coating.

i don’t care so much about waxing the vehicle every 6 months - i kind of enjoy it.

Any thoughts ?
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know that there are many topics on ceramic and PPF but i can’t seem to get an answer to my question.

I’m trying to make Dolomite silver a warmer color which probably rules out ceramic coating as it gives it a very cold/glassy aspect. Am i wrong ?

i had ceramic on a agate grey Macan but it never looked as goog as when it wore off and i waxed it with swissvax concorso. The paint gained significantly in depth. It looked So much nicer.

i wonder if i will achieve the same results on a Dolomite Silver car or if i should forget about it and go ahead with a cold ceramic coating.

i don’t care so much about waxing the vehicle every 6 months - i kind of enjoy it.

Any thoughts ?
I have a Dolomite Silver Turbo for 15 months-uncoated! It looks like it was just delivered and yes, it lives in a garage. I dont see the need for coatings and am profoundly happy with my car.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would go with your preferred waxing approach first. If you like the results and don't mind the work involved, it would get the results. You could always change your mind and get ceramic later. It's more expensive to do it the other way around.

dwaltchack

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, ordered TCT Turbo
Country flag
I have a Dolomite Silver Turbo for 15 months-uncoated! It looks like it was just delivered and yes, it lives in a garage. I dont see the need for coatings and am profoundly happy with my car.
I've never heard of this tinting effect. Do other folks get the same results?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag

Any thoughts ?
I can't speak to ceramic coatings having a "cold" look, but my Dolomite 4S has a very glossy finish. (Full disclosure: I have XPEL PPF from the nose to the trailing edge of the front doors and I wax with P21S carnauba).

My car's color varies greatly from warm to cold depending on the lighting as shown in the attached photos. I don't think it has much to do with the gloss per se, although being mirror-like it tends to pick up the colors of it's surroundings. I like that effect and really enjoy Dolomite and the way it looks on the Taycan. Like you, I don't mind at all waxing it every few months. In fact, it's a pleasure!

Porsche Taycan Wax or ceramic coating for Dolomite Silver ? IMG_0924
Porsche Taycan Wax or ceramic coating for Dolomite Silver ? IMG_0978

Last edited: