wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
That really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that! Nice that it isn't too damaged, but still!

From my experience in other cars, it is speed dependent. I didn't see anything explicit in the Good to Know about speed and brake assist. Does anybody know from other Porsche models?
Do not know the intended behavior of our 2015 Macan Turbo Adaptive Cruise Control, but when I started to pull out of an unfamiliar driveway near a freeway, a high speed car cut us off and the Macan slammed on all brakes in an instant. We were safe. A friend later had their car totaled at the exact same place.
Sponsored

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
That really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that! Nice that it isn't too damaged, but still!

From my experience in other cars, it is speed dependent. I didn't see anything explicit in the Good to Know about speed and brake assist. Does anybody know from other Porsche models?
The good news is that there is no sheet metal damage to either car. I reread the WBA section of Good to Know today; WBA does not work when the car is in reverse. So, I didn't miss a WBA warning and the backup sensors did trigger an alert, I just didn't respond it time.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My one week old 4S just had this fault twice . The funny thing is it was over two days at the exact same spot on my way home at the exact same time, why I think that’s relevant is the sun was low and bright facing south while I was in a south bound road with a steep decline.

I have a fair amount of work related experience with sick lasers/ Lidar and similar issues with light scatter and dazzling at certain times of the day cause me massive issues . So...
There’s that . :)

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My 1 week old Taycan just flashed this message. Car is clean and no dew as I am in Vegas
I'm not convinced this is a "cleanliness issue". It has also happened to me when the camera's were all clean.

I (we) have also gotten "ParkAssist Not Available" messages which are also quite similar in their ability to "mysteriously" go away once the car (PCM) is restarted. (ParkAssist is also a "camera related" service). You can search for the other associated threads...

From one perspective, it appears that these issues MAY not be related to specific vehicles and indicative with anything individually wrong with them. Which may means I (we) don't have to bring our cars in for service...

On the other hand, this may very well be just another embarrassing bug in the very fragile/broken/crappy Porsche software ecosystem...

Its convenient that these things appear to go away "on their own". However, Porsche's track record in their ability to solve our software issues (inc a 12V battery failure) is not particularly reassuring...

rak530

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 C2S, 356
Country flag
My wife has experienced the WBA Limited warning message (same as the image earlier in this thread) several times. Not sure what the road condition/configuration was, but she said that it had occurred briefly in several different places around Dallas--never in the same location, and in clear weather conditions. We haven't had any other glitchy HW/SW issues, so we don't see the need to take it in just yet. The car is 2 weeks old and I've been sneaking out to the garage to dust it and stare at it, so no issues with dirt (or maybe even dust!) on windshield or sensor surfaces.

There is mention above of a SW update in early November. Was it released?

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife has experienced the WBA Limited warning message (same as the image earlier in this thread) several times. Not sure what the road condition/configuration was, but she said that it had occurred briefly in several different places around Dallas--never in the same location, and in clear weather conditions. We haven't had any other glitchy HW/SW issues, so we don't see the need to take it in just yet. The car is 2 weeks old and I've been sneaking out to the garage to dust it and stare at it, so no issues with dirt (or maybe even dust!) on windshield or sensor surfaces.

There is mention above of a SW update in early November. Was it released?
I think we are all pretty sure this is a software issue. Some have also seen intermittent "Park Assist Not Available" errors as well. Both of these are "camera related" services, seen on cars with clean sensors, that mysteriously clear up when the car is restarted.

I would also note if its a bright sunny day, early/late (when the sun is low on the horizon) and the car pointed towards the sun. A long time ago, on my Infiniti FX45, we occasionally got "Adaptive Cruise Control" warnings when the front cameras were blinded by the sun.

(On my car, if I manually enable the 3D surround view while having a "Park Assist" error, I have noted that a good portion of the top-down view is blurry/unavailable... Not sure if you can see something similar during a "WBA" error...)

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
The PCM on my car has had a dark spinning blue circle screen for a week. Another customer at the dealership has the same issues. Navigation, media and hands free not working. They have tried 3 software patches on the other guy’s car which didn’t work. I am still waiting for them to resolve it before mine gets fixed. Car can be driven and it charges but I could never go on a trip. Oh, and the garage door opener won’t sync and one speaker buzzes. This is my first Porsche, and I am not impressed that this is happening after only 3,000 km and $225,000 spent! The good news - the car drives like a dream.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PCM on my car has had a dark spinning blue circle screen for a week. Another customer at the dealership has the same issues. Navigation, media and hands free not working. They have tried 3 software patches on the other guy’s car which didn’t work. I am still waiting for them to resolve it before mine gets fixed. Car can be driven and it charges but I could never go on a trip. Oh, and the garage door opener won’t sync and one speaker buzzes. This is my first Porsche, and I am not impressed that this is happening after only 3,000 km and $225,000 spent! The good news - the car drives like a dream.
My first Porsche as well. Its amazing how crappy the software is! ALL the software... Its buggy and the user interface is completely brain dead. Its like no real user ever test drove the car. Just guys in lab coats with clipboards and check boxes...

The car does drive and perform well though, but I would seriously question whether I would ever buy another Porsche.

"Porsche Design" has a whole new meaning to me now. If I ever considered buying that very pretty "Porsche Design" toaster, I would want to know how well it actually made toast. ...or if the controls were on the bottom side of the toaster - cause, you know - it makes it look better!
Sponsored