Web interface for Porsche connect charger

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I’ve not seen any mentions or pictures so thought I would share that once you have your car and charger you can access the charger settings, history etc through the web interface..

just find the IP address of the charger when it’s connected to your WiFi and then login with the password that came in the charger bag... sorted.

you can see I’m charging at a painfully low 1.9kw over 8 amps until I get my 3 phase 11kw install next week.

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 3E913DA0-BD6E-4413-B795-F264B126B819

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 94B8E099-51AD-4DE2-8019-21B9BD2E2572

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You can also see your summary of charges with the login at myPorsche. Below is a screenshot from my charging.
I am also waiting for the upgrade to full power on the charger, but my electrical installation was quite old and required a complete upgrade of the panel and all the RCB etc. Hope to have all of that completed In two weeks from now?

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 02457988-9AC6-4389-9928-C9309C881662

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsche Connect smart charger has capability of managing recharge via a commando type fitting (that I note is included as part of the pack)
ive a holiday home 100 miles from my grant aided EV installed charger so an overnight recharge via simple commando socket would be ample for recharge using “connect” to manage this ... I see no need for a full “singing and dancing” charger (just 8-10hrs hooked up overnight to a low tariff, although the darn lead isn’t pretty short with this Porsche charger, isn’t it?

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsche Connect smart charger has capability of managing recharge via a commando type fitting (that I note is included as part of the pack)
I see no reason why the adapter would make any difference as all the intelligence is in the charging unit. I’ll be able to confirm 100% next week when my 5 pin commando socket is installed.

the lead is quite small as you say

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 3A98FA8C-4DB0-4790-908F-109014AB8DF1

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see no reason why the adapter would make any difference as all the intelligence is in the charging unit. I’ll be able to confirm 100% next week when my 5 pin commando socket is installed.

the lead is quite small as you say

3A98FA8C-4DB0-4790-908F-109014AB8DF1.jpeg
Thank you. As you say, there’s considerable intelligence (& settings) built into the Connect charger lead / control unit, so like you I’d be hopeful for this low cost simple requirement where there’s occasional use at family homes (parents, kids, 2nd homes or offices) ..
Its a handy bit of info for many on the forum and maybe what Porsche intended to be a feature of use for this “compulsory add on“ with first tranche supply of all Taycans

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
ive a holiday home 100 miles from my grant aided EV installed charger so an overnight recharge via simple commando socket would be ample for recharge using “connect” to manage this ... I see no need for a full “singing and dancing” charger (just 8-10hrs hooked up overnight to a low tariff, although the darn lead isn’t pretty short with this Porsche charger, isn’t it?
It works just fine with the commando plug, I use this most nights rather than my zappi. The car profiles manage the charging well, I ha e set to 85% charge and It’s fine for an overnight charge

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
I’ve not seen any mentions or pictures so thought I would share that once you have your car and charger you can access the charger settings, history etc through the web interface..

just find the IP address of the charger when it’s connected to your WiFi and then login with the password that came in the charger bag... sorted.

you can see I’m charging at a painfully low 1.9kw over 8 amps until I get my 3 phase 11kw install next week.
For others reading this thread: You can find the current IP address of the charger on the touch screen in the settings/networks submenu . Maybe this saves you some time :)

Additionally it looks there are two user roles defined in the web interface, a normal user and a technician mode. Technician mode lets you configure a lot more things of the charger it looks like. Have to find out more details.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Does the charger connect to home WiFi or car WiFi. The reason I ask is our home WiFi does not reach the garage!!

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
Does the charger connect to home WiFi or car WiFi. The reason I ask is our home WiFi does not reach the garage!!
It connects to your home Wifi. But did you try if DLAN/Powerline modem does work at your home. Is your power socket used for charging sort of wired directly to the central power panel of your home? If so you might be able to get a network connection over powerline.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Will check what we can use. My garage is underground and we have WiFi on all living floors but not in the garage. Charger box is connected to power Which comes from the main electric panel on the third floor so for sure their must be a product we can use to get WiFi to the garage

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great Jetbox ... do you know what kind of kw output (to charge) you are getting through this rig? If it’s 1ph supply I’m fearing a rather slouchy 3-4kw limited by the Connect charger plus unit ... if it is slouchy I at least can have the cabling in place for a 7.4kw charger unit in due course. Thanks

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Looks great Jetbox ... do you know what kind of kw output (to charge) you are getting through this rig? If it’s 1ph supply I’m fearing a rather slouchy 3-4kw limited by the Connect charger plus unit ... if it is slouchy I at least can have the cabling in place for a 7.4kw charger unit in due course. Thanks
I can get 7.2 kw plenty fast enough for an overnight charge

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can get 7.2 kw plenty fast enough for an overnight charge
Oh yes, 7.2kw would be just perfect for me so I’ll see to deliver single phase 8kw+ to the Porsche Connect+ charger and hope for the same
thank you
Sponsored