What’s best? Vented seats of top glass (acoustics, thermal, privacy)?

Pavodonosor

First Name
cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi guys, going to get me first Porsche - Taycan GTS Sport Turismo - in Italy. Seeing 2 preowned cars, both with about 10K miles and 1Y old. One has black leather vented seats, other has race-tex (alcntara) interiors - not vented seats - but is offering the top glass package: acoustic, thermal, privacy enhancement… thermal and acoustic stuff seem quite nice. Privacy you can add later of course. So what would you recommend for summer? Vented on black full leather or alcantara seats (less sticky) and with better glasses? Thanks guys!
Sponsored

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have GTS racetex and the thermal privacy glass. Also VLC roof. I love it. Although only got it in October, so haven’t seen hot weather yet - looking forward to it!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
In Italy with the hot summers, the palest interior possible. Plus ventilated seat if available! Car gets very hot in Summer here and even if we have white seats in our Tesla, they still get very sticky. The new model 3 with ventilated and cooled seats is addressing this and helps enormously. Wish we had that.

The glass roof is not such a big problem, it will likely be cooler with metal roof. But I have never felt any issues during 4 hot summers in France and Italy with the glass roof in either the Tesl or Taycan. The fact that you can pre cool the cabin is great and used all the time.
Sponsored