What are your thoughts on the Porsche security location tracker?

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's reasonably priced I think, but to be honest I always suspect that dealer options aren't as good as third party for things like this (see also: dashcams). Would anyone recommend the OEM tracker, or a better third party solution?

I live in a safe area and the keys will be in an RF box, so it would be a nicety rather than an essential - but if I'm going to do it I want to do it right (of course).

Any experiences shared would be appreciated.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Seems fine. It's linked into the porsche app which is a plus. The few times I've gone out without the security fob, i've had a phone call in minutes, so monitoring works.

Odd think which i don't really understand, is if a theft is triggered they turn off the location on the map, so you can't see the car. Seems counterintuitive to me.

Downside, the alarm fob is quite large (about 2/3 of key size), and a pain to carry around. Not sure why it needs to be so big - my old panamera fob was more like an SD card that would fit in your wallet.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's reasonably priced I think, but to be honest I always suspect that dealer options aren't as good as third party for things like this (see also: dashcams). Would anyone recommend the OEM tracker, or a better third party solution?

I live in a safe area and the keys will be in an RF box, so it would be a nicety rather than an essential - but if I'm going to do it I want to do it right (of course).

Any experiences shared would be appreciated.
No reason to deviate as it is 100% integrated into the car / PCM plus My Porsche.

Note that tracking is the minimum feature in the event of a theft. On approval from both the Police and the owner they (Vodafone) can remotely disable the car.

OP
OP
thebuttonmonkey

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No reason to deviate as it is 100% integrated into the car / PCM plus My Porsche.

Note that tracking is the minimum feature in the event of a theft. On approval from both the Police and the owner they (Vodafone) can remotely disable the car.
Oh wow, okay. My dealer hasn’t mentioned that. I’ll have a conversation, thanks.