Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
It is getting pretty ”usual” here in Sweden with car robberies, where some guys confronts you in the car telling you to hand over the keys and car.

the car is then shipped to eastern Europe.

I cannot say that I am super scared where I usually drive my cars, but sometimes I keep a cars distance to the car infront of mand always with the gearbox in drive mode, so that I can floor it if anyone comes up to you.

is this phenomenon not usual in the states?
Open borders!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is getting pretty ”usual” here in Sweden with car robberies, where some guys confronts you in the car telling you to hand over the keys and car.

I cannot say that I am super scared where I usually drive my cars, but sometimes I keep a cars distance to the car infront of mand always with the gearbox in drive mode, so that I can floor it if anyone comes up to you.

I've heard of this happening but it is extremely rare

BDVancouver

First Name
BCBill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I live in a petty crime ridden city that still has about 10 Taycans on my street alone. It’s not that unique of a car nor attracts that much attention.
No one’s gonna steel it. And a scratch or a smashed window should be a barely noticeable expense if you are buying a Taycan. People street park Bentleys and Ferraris here

ocassionally I worry it might attract a focused criminal as it signals targetable wealth, but again they could just knock on the door of anyone neighborhood and accomplish the same.

I’ve actually found the car gets more attention and respect in rougher parts of the city. People ask questions and are curious, not really interested in doing any harm.

only issues I’ve run into are in the country where truck drivers tend to get … aggressively petty.

so what’s your concern?
I’m in Vancouver Canada and have been driving a Porsche for years. There are certain areas of the city that I avoid parking - the areas with high drug issues. Other than that I try to park in high visibility areas and have never had a problem. I learned long ago to never leave anything visible in the car. Even a quarter on the consul. I do have a sign that says “nothing of value in this car but this sign. Please do not steal the sign”. The sign is provided by the Vancouver PD! I have never had a problem except when I left something visible - even a parking validation with the receipt attached.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

depends on the neighborhood, but mostly no, that’s not usual. Exporting the cars is a challenge and expensive cars get more law enforcement attention. And all have GPS tracking. It’s actually a lot more common with inexpensive cars, as there is greater demand for their parts and less law enforcement concern.
Sponsored