gowthamn

First Name
Gowtham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Car
Country flag
Guys where is this information coming from regarding the changes expected in June? And is it for June build slots or June delivery? Just been offered an April build for May delivery but if there are certain options such as the 22kwh ac charger & aventurine green exterior colour being introduced then I would rather hold off...
My dealer told that the more color options and the charger should come after June. And may be HUD might appear as an option as well.
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Guys where is this information coming from regarding the changes expected in June? And is it for June build slots or June delivery? Just been offered an April build for May delivery but if there are certain options such as the 22kwh ac charger & aventurine green exterior colour being introduced then I would rather hold off...
Colors are coming from Porsche and that’s ordering as of June. BUT there has been other things noted as second half of 2020 that are now being offered in the configuration such as the Porsche emblem on the head rest as an option..... etc. So maybe the things that are still on the list to come will rather trickle in than being all presented at the same June time frame........

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
The truth is the dealers know less than the most people on the forum, Porsche doesn’t really keep them updated so any info I from them may be bullshit
I expect the colour options that are in the brochure will start to become available around June, along with the compulsory items some country’s are forced to have (US Pano roof, larger batt in 4s etc and the UK we have to have the charger) but things like HUD, new wheels etc is prob just guess and hope from forum members

I would have loved the crayon paint but I’m not willing to delay getting my car by 6 months for the option (that may not even happen in June) hopefully I don’t regret it

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
-22Kw charger
-HUD
-apple carplay wireless
-Tail lights animation
-Porsche logo rear in blue-ish
-Additional carbon exterior parts
-remote park assist (presumably)
-soft close (presumably)
-no wireless charging

OP
OP
gowthamn

gowthamn

First Name
Gowtham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Car
Country flag
-22Kw charger
-HUD
-apple carplay wireless
-Tail lights animation
-soft close (presumably)
-no wireless charging
No improvement in range through OTA?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
-22Kw charger
-HUD
-apple carplay wireless
-Tail lights animation
-soft close (presumably)
-no wireless charging
Is that speculating or do you have a reliable source?
Funny you didn't mention colors.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Is that speculating or do you have a reliable source?
Funny you didn't mention colors.
I assumed the change in color pallet is known, because it's shared in other topics, but you're correct there is wider variety in colors.

I'm not speculating. I went to two dealers recently. One of them showed me a list from Porsche where they announced the first four subjects mentioned above. I tried to get a copy, but offcourse it was to early to share the email. Yesterday I made my first test drive and the representative told me from "hear say" that the remote park assist app and soft close function could also be included in the 2021 version.

Btw: this is car drives amazing. Almost no roll, glued to the road, quiet, fast, comfortable.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Only thing in that list I wish I had is HUD,, but with the gorgeous curved instrument display I am almost glad I don’t have it.

Except for speed, god I need to see the speed right in front of my face to avoid losing my license!

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I still want the light animation, and the light up Porsche logo. Unique and

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
i would love those, but i find hanging onto the back fender as the car is moving to see them while driving a bit difficult!

:):cool:

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I still want the light animation, and the light up Porsche logo. Unique and
Here in Europe that is not going to happen, because it simply isn't allowed. Even the third brakelight at the 992 is one light with a dimmed section, because it can't be two seperate lights.

Therefore the text is not going to be illuminated (Unless the car is in park).

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Here in Europe that is not going to happen, because it simply isn't allowed. Even the third brakelight at the 992 is one light with a dimmed section, because it can't be two seperate lights.

Therefore the text is not going to be illuminated (Unless the car is in park).
I wouldn't be surprised if its the same way in the US, but they showed it in a commercial so I want to see it..