What changes are expected from June 2020 onwards

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Only thing in that list I wish I had is HUD,, but with the gorgeous curved instrument display I am almost glad I don’t have it.

Except for speed, god I need to see the speed right in front of my face to avoid losing my license!
Agreed. I’ve had HUD for 15 years in my BMWs, and am really going to miss it. Any chance that will become available for my July delivery car? I also have soft close doors, and that’s a nice feature.
Sponsored

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
My turbo ETA is May 2020. Dealer - and website - claim wireless AirPlay is included. Would be a bummer if it isnt? Anyone knows which one it is and/or if it will be updated (OTA)?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My source unfortunately isn’t direct. But my understanding is that wireless CarPlay is ready and will be activated on June delivery cars and Porsche are hoping to iron out a few kinks with OTA updates by then. So we should all have it June.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Only thing in that list I wish I had is HUD,, but with the gorgeous curved instrument display I am almost glad I don’t have it.

Except for speed, god I need to see the speed right in front of my face to avoid losing my license!
Yes, just a tiny HUD showing the speed would be excellent!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

Me, I want the soft close option. It’s on my Panamera and it’s brilliant. A real shame I was unable to spec it on the Taycan.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
what i understand is that you are correct for the glass roof having slots and as on Tesla S non for the metal roof....... never understood why on either car...... but it’s easy to just get a sea sucker or other high end suction rack so no big deal.... alu roof for me. :)
I found a cool roof rack.. great for camping o_O

fantasma

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M550i, Porsche Cayman GT4, Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Mk II
Country flag
When discussing "June 2020 changes", does that mean that you are able to order/spec it in June or does it mean June production?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When discussing "June 2020 changes", does that mean that you are able to order/spec it in June or does it mean June production?
Maybe able to spec I'm April for June builds. I have heard nothing more firm than that, sorry.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Order sheets for a new model year usually show up sometime in April. But who knows how things will work with the Taycan, given it's kinda its own thing.
Sponsored