What options are affected by chip shortage?

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
With the current popup on the configurator:

“Due to global supply issues affecting the auto industry, we ask that you please check with your dealer about current option availability and suitable alternatives.”

Has anyone received any feedback on any specific options that are more affected than others by the chip shortage? Placed order for a CT in march with vague promise of august delivery.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW I ordered my RWD on 4/1. It's arriving in Jacksonville by the 5/28 - if not sooner. (Davisville arrival tomorrow)

I believe that higher end manufacturers are not as effected by chip shortage due to the fact of lower production numbers. Porsche numbers are way lower than Ford, KIA, Toyota, etc...

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
With the current popup on the configurator:

“Due to global supply issues affecting the auto industry, we ask that you please check with your dealer about current option availability and suitable alternatives.”

Has anyone received any feedback on any specific options that are more affected than others by the chip shortage? Placed order for a CT in march with vague promise of august delivery.
Unless that order is attached to an actual build allocation provided to your dealership by Porsche, agree with the other replies, don't hold your breath.

Or as we Americans like to sarcastically say: "The check is in the mail' meaning yeah its out there but who knows when you'll receive it?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
FWIW I ordered my RWD on 4/1. It's arriving in Jacksonville by the 5/28 - if not sooner. (Davisville arrival tomorrow)

I believe that higher end manufacturers are not as effected by chip shortage due to the fact of lower production numbers. Porsche numbers are way lower than Ford, KIA, Toyota, etc...
It will still affect Porsche production, maybe not to the degree of larger manufacturers, but will slow down the speed of non-allocation build slots and may even delay allocation build slots as the Porsche factory will have to play 'chip resource management ' game across all their various model manufacture lines and promised car delivery dates.

Anyone who is just placing an order without a set delivery date is pretty screwed at this point.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I guess I'm lucky I ordered in April.

dwaltchack

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, ordered TCT Turbo
Country flag
FWIW, I ordered mine a couple weeks ago, the dealership had an allocation come in last week and they're expecting the CT to be at the dealership in OCT.

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Also got an allocation last week for a July production slot!

Colour I got from the dealer is Porsche is prioritizing for the higher-end builds... currently just delays for Macans and Boxters/Caymans (for ex. 14 and 18 way seats), and so far they aren't seeing any delays on Taycans.... could change any day.

I imagine they will want to prioritize Taycans for the electrification plans etc... as well, but i'm just speculating!!

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
One reason many manufacturers are having problem is because they scaled back their chip orders a year ago since they thought that COVID would lower the sales. But since the Taycan has been doing so well it is chance that Porsche kept their orders relatively intact.
Sponsored