OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Were you ever given an explanation as to why your CT4 is still at Emden ?
Last thing the dealer said was stability module.
Sponsored

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I'd take the 2022...you have no guarantee on when your car will be shipped to be honest and your dealer can easily check in with Porsche in 24hrs. So I'd give them 24hrs to give me a verified ship date and ship it is loaded on.. Otherwise they'd had enough time...I think you said its been there since July? Wow...if I had a lead on another car and it was available then I'd take it given the fact that inventory is still very tight and will likely be that way thru 2022.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd take the 2022...you have no guarantee on when your car will be shipped to be honest and your dealer can easily check in with Porsche in 24hrs. So I'd give them 24hrs to give me a verified ship date and ship it is loaded on.. Otherwise they'd had enough time...I think you said its been there since July? Wow...if I had a lead on another car and it was available then I'd take it given the fact that inventory is still very tight and will likely be that way thru 2022.
That’s my plan seeing that TYD now delayed again this morning to put it on ship 2/18. Unless my dealer has better information

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer went silent on me today, called the other one and confirmed car still available. I’ll be picking it up Thursday if all goes well. Wish me luck. I guess bye bye 2021 I have to let it go.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer went silent on me today, called the other one and confirmed car still available. I’ll be picking it up Thursday if all goes well. Wish me luck. I guess bye bye 2021 I have to let it go.
Best choice as I don't think your dealer had anything to offer you at this point but a wait until the car was released to ship by Porsche. That could still be a while as no way to know why it was still delayed..parts? Defect found otherwise? However why not ship it while many a folks (like me) are getting their 2022's loaded and shipped out right past your stalled car. Take the new offer and run and enjoy. Drive it right to your old/original dealership to ask for your deposit check back too. If you used a CC then just call the company to reverse the charge man and enjoy your new Taycan!

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Best choice as I don't think your dealer had anything to offer you at this point but a wait until the car was released to ship by Porsche. That could still be a while as no way to know why it was still delayed..parts? Defect found otherwise? However why not ship it while many a folks (like me) are getting their 2022's loaded and shipped out right past your stalled car. Take the new offer and run and enjoy. Drive it right to your old/original dealership to ask for your deposit check back too. If you used a CC then just call the company to reverse the charge man and enjoy your new Taycan!
All good picked up the car yesterday. The original dealer is issuing me the check.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All good picked up the car yesterday. The original dealer is issuing me the check.
Congrats. Hope you're happy. Post pics and give your description of your car and experience. Welcome to the club.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats. Hope you're happy. Post pics and give your description of your car and experience. Welcome to the club.
Love the car but of course the usual snags (alarm for example). For some reason plug and charge didn’t work with EA for some reason had to use my CC. Of course the first one I tried didn’t work and had to change the charger and dealt with a mustang taking the 350 and had to charge from 150. Still trying to figure out how to use PRIM properly so for now using ABRP with route planner. I do blame PA more than the car. Of course Germans have to make things a little complicated, ACC was not a straight forward. I actually had to open the manual to figure out how to use. The millennial in me is very disappointed that I couldn’t figure it out on my own :D.
i went to liberty mountain today and That’s where the photo was taken. Also, when I got the car, didn’t care about the options I’m missing from the original build.

Porsche Taycan What are my options? 99502E49-C18F-41BC-A048-BDCCAE21C7AE

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Glad it worked out for you...unbelievable that the 22s are here even before the 21s. Makes absolutely no sense. Congrats on the nice ride, and cool pic of the Rivian in front of it.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Bro, so happy for you. I was right there with you on that July 2021 CT debacle. Best choice I made was ditching it and going for a 2022. Enjoy!

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Glad to see you finally got something! I read about the ship on fire and was looking for a post from you.

That no doubt would have caused more delays for you so as long as you are good with the missing options I would have done the same.

Enjoy it- I’m going on 2 months in and love it. Couple of quirks here and there but I would do it all over again. Actually I would have ordered the first time I saw it instead of waiting 2- 3 months to decide lol. Alot changed in the market in those months.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad to see you finally got something! I read about the ship on fire and was looking for a post from you.

That no doubt would have caused more delays for you so as long as you are good with the missing options I would have done the same.

Enjoy it- I’m going on 2 months in and love it. Couple of quirks here and there but I would do it all over again. Actually I would have ordered the first time I saw it instead of waiting 2- 3 months to decide lol. Alot changed in the market in those months.
After driving the car, really didnt care about those missing options.
Sponsored