ScoopDog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw scirocco
Country flag
Hey new to the thread, ordered my taycan in March, my build is in December, so last tweaks of my options now. Can anyone help me decide if these are worth getting? Anyone who has these think they aren't helpful? Or any input would be nice.

PTV plus
Adaptive cruise control
Lane change assist
Park assist with surround view
Automatic dimming mirrors

And also, which of the E performance accessories must/help to get

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Hey new to the thread, ordered my taycan in March, my build is in December, so last tweaks of my options now. Can anyone help me decide if these are worth getting? Anyone who has these think they aren't helpful? Or any input would be nice.

PTV plus
Adaptive cruise control
Lane change assist
Park assist with surround view
Automatic dimming mirrors

And also, which of the E performance accessories must/help to get

Thanks guys!
A lot of this is personal choice and what you might need it for. Which Taycan are you ordering?

PTV Plus to me is one of those things that's only worthwhile if you're very aggressive with the driving of your vehicle on a frequent basis. The car handles great without it. Something like the Sport Chrono is of way more use to me. There are better uses for the money.

ACC is something I personally love, but your use may vary. I have a long 35 mile commute each way on straight highway, so I love the ACC. Other's here hate it. Think about your driving patterns. ACC is also needed if you ever wanna upgrade to Innodrive after purchase.

Lane change assist is nice in that it warns you of traffic approaching on either side. Honestly this is standard on much cheaper cars but a nice safety feature. My insurer also gives a small discount on my premium for having this option.

Park assist and surround view are nice features, especially the surround view as it augments the visibility of the vehicle since the backup camera isn't that great.

I'm not sure if you have a premium package option in your region, but it'll give you LCA, Surround view, and other solid options like a Bose system, ambient lighting, ionizer, storage package, LED headlights, and 14 way seats.

E-Performance is sort of up to you. Currently the 19.2kW charger limits the cars ability to use Plug and Charge in North America. Not sure if it does anything elsewhere. You also need to have the setup in your home to actual have it be of use, which is very costly in some cases. I like the Power Charge Port Cover. I got used to them with Tesla, and the one on this car is very cool and add to that specialness of the car. Totally not necessary but a neat feature. I also added the On-Board 150-400V DC charger. A lot of folks here warned people off these in North America, and a lot of those people are probably kicking themselves since Elon announced the Tesla network will be available to non Tesla's this year. The optional mobile connect charger is a scam. They already give you a charger with the car, and you can buy any J1772 charger and cable for 1/3 of 1/4 the price of the Porsche charger.

Last edited: