Wind Buffeting?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don't have a Taycan yet (still waiting for an allocation), but a common cause of wind buffeting with windows closed could be that the rear hatch (on estate cars) is not perfectly sealed. Again, no Taycan CT here, so I don't know exactly, but often there are "rubber stoppers" which can be adjusted to make sure the rear hatch closes snugly and leveled.
Sponsored

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
I wonder does the buffering stop if a window is slightly open? That would suggest an issue with the trunk/boot door seal. (Acknowledging that the outside wind noise might drown it out).
Yes it does. I do believe it’s a seal issue. I can feel the pressure changing in my ears. I do NOT have roof rails.

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
I don't have a Taycan yet (still waiting for an allocation), but a common cause of wind buffeting with windows closed could be that the rear hatch (on estate cars) is not perfectly sealed. Again, no Taycan CT here, so I don't know exactly, but often there are "rubber stoppers" which can be adjusted to make sure the rear hatch closes snugly and leveled.
Unfortunately there are no rubber stoppers. It’s all hydraulic and I’m hoping there’s a way to adjust it. I’ve never gotten a “hatch open” warning and the seams all line up good, so it must be a very subtle leak.
Sponsored