isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Anyone of you who has experienced wind noise /whistling when the car exceeds around 80 kmph? Any solution
Sponsored

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I'd figure out where the noise is coming from and have the dealer fix it. At 95 mph my rwd is whisper quiet. I have sound-insulating glass but that should not not make a big difference according to numerous posts on this forum. Porsche does a great job engineering their cars but the Zuff plant does not yet have all the bugs worked out -- even with sophisticated robots, process variation is still a real thing. Body panel alignment (and gaps) are not yet, IMHO, where they need to be (based upon my car's and other cars' fit and finish that I have scrutinized). A bit of panel misalignment in the wrong spot could for sure create unwanted wind noise.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Weird, the demo ct I drove had a whistling noise above 40-50mph. Could it be the vents on the side?

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Check the gaps in the side mirrors, those are usually the sources of high speed whistle noises since the gap in the rotating mirror assembly faces the air stream. Quick way to check is to just cover the gaps with painters tape and see if it goes away.
Sponsored