SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the misfortune of having a rock come off a trailer and put a small(ish) crack in my front windshield while driving to the dealership to have a software update installed a few days after I took delivery in May. I had 250 miles on my 4S at that point. I chalked it up to bad luck and rather than ask for a replacement I had the dealership contract with someone to fill the crack. It was still noticeable, but I decided to live with it.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I was driving my parents to the airport after having them visit for a few days. There were two work trucks two lanes to my right about 200 meters ahead of me neither of which had anything in their beds that was visible. Out of nowhere came that dreaded sound of something striking the windshield hard. It was so loud that it scared my mother and she visible "jumped" in the passenger seat. We couldn't see any damage immediately so I crossed my fingers that it didn't cause any damage to the windshield or, worse yet, to the roof.

Once I was home and was able to have a good look at the windshield I noticed that, sure enough, there was an 8" crack down the center of the windshield (hidden from the interior view by the rearview mirror) that resembles a fish hook. I've already contacted the dealership to order a new windshield from Germany. No idea yet on delivery time...

Porsche Taycan Windshield crack Taycan 4S windshield crack.JPG
Sponsored

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
I had the misfortune of having a rock come off a trailer and put a small(ish) crack in my front windshield while driving to the dealership to have a software update installed a few days after I took delivery in May. I had 250 miles on my 4S at that point. I chalked it up to bad luck and rather than ask for a replacement I had the dealership contract with someone to fill the crack. It was still noticeable, but I decided to live with it.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I was driving my parents to the airport after having them visit for a few days. There were two work trucks two lanes to my right about 200 meters ahead of me neither of which had anything in their beds that was visible. Out of nowhere came that dreaded sound of something striking the windshield hard. It was so loud that it scared my mother and she visible "jumped" in the passenger seat. We couldn't see any damage immediately so I crossed my fingers that it didn't cause any damage to the windshield or, worse yet, to the roof.

Once I was home and was able to have a good look at the windshield I noticed that, sure enough, there was an 8" crack down the center of the windshield (hidden from the interior view by the rearview mirror) that resembles a fish hook. I've already contacted the dealership to order a new windshield from Germany. No idea yet on delivery time...

Taycan 4S windshield crack.JPG

Texas roads. I've experienced 2 windshield replacements in six months. It's the unfortunate reality of driving a Taycan in a state of rock-laden pick up trucks.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

sorry to hear this, but I bet you are pleased you got a repair rather than a new screen back in May