Winter range test of CT4

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
For people that want to test out google translate of Norwegian they can read a winter range test of the cross turismo 4. It ended up with 402 km range in snowy conditions between 0 and -8 degrees celsius. The cars with the longest range like the Tesla model 3 and Mercedes EQS got about 110 km further.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Nice test. Good to know the Taycan suffers less from cold temperatures than others. I couldn’t find at what speeds the test where done. 100 km/h max. And probably the results will be worse with luggage and family for a road trip.

OP
OP
perski

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Nice test. Good to know the Taycan suffers less from cold temperatures than others. I couldn’t find at what speeds the test where done. 100 km/h max. And probably the results will be worse with luggage and family for a road trip.
This is Norway - most of the time speed limit is 80 km/h and throw in a few villages etc and average speed is probably closer to 70 km/h

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That is interesting too. With pre heating they keep the advantage of fast charging. The eqs does perform good too but has to charge longer because of the bigger battery.
It would be nice if they did a long range test. Lets say 1000 km and see who is fastest from start to finish. The eqs has a 100 km longer ranger but also takes 12 minutes longer to charge 5-80%. For 1000 km the Mercedes’ would have to charge just once and the Taycan 1.5 times. At the end both could have similar arrival times. And those two would have the best results of the non Tesla cars. This illustrates that charging speed is just as important as battery capacity.

You could even argue that for traveling 1000 km it would be advisable to have two stops anyway.

When playing with ABRP, for longer trips there isn’t much difference between the Taycan eqs and iX.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That is interesting too. With pre heating they keep the advantage of fast charging. The eqs does perform good too but has to charge longer because of the bigger battery.
It would be nice if they did a long range test. Lets say 1000 km and see who is fastest from start to finish. The eqs has a 100 km longer ranger but also takes 12 minutes longer to charge 5-80%. For 1000 km the Mercedes’ would have to charge just once and the Taycan 1.5 times. At the end both could have similar arrival times. And those two would have the best results of the non Tesla cars. This illustrates that charging speed is just as important as battery capacity.

You could even argue that for traveling 1000 km it would be advisable to have two stops anyway.

When playing with ABRP, for longer trips there isn’t much difference between the Taycan eqs and iX.
There is a you tuber in Norway that does exactly this 1000 km challenges, Björn Nyland. He has done 1000 km with many different EV’s and has some nice spreadsheets summarising the results. He does it all year around as well. Intesting to read his spreadsheets as welll as to see how he charges. There is a lot to learn from his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnyland

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
There is a you tuber in Norway that does exactly this 1000 km challenges, Björn Nyland. He has done 1000 km with many different EV’s and has some nice spreadsheets summarising the results. He does it all year around as well. Intesting to read his spreadsheets as welll as to see how he charges. There is a lot to learn from his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnyland
I saw his reviews but didn’t search for the spreadsheet until now.
It illustrates what I presumed. The Audi etron GT has a really good time (second best). I think we can assume the Taycan would have similar times. The Ioniq 5 takes half an hour longer. On paper they have similar charge speeds and range.

Porsche Taycan Winter range test of CT4 C295ED5D-0F65-49C2-8E99-71681CB66EF2

Porsche Taycan Winter range test of CT4 DB62945A-87CB-49F4-9074-DAA2E5C59C1D

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
The cars with the longest range like the Tesla model 3 and Mercedes EQS got about 110 km further.
What this fails to mention is that in cold weather, my Tesla model Y loses about 4% charge overnight. A recent stay at the airport went from 74% down to 41% in 4-1/2 days. And this is after closing all apps so that the car should go into sleep mode.

My Taycan loses maybe 1% per week.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
What this fails to mention is that in cold weather, my Tesla model Y loses about 4% charge overnight. A recent stay at the airport went from 74% down to 41% in 4-1/2 days. And this is after closing all apps so that the car should go into sleep mode.

My Taycan loses maybe 1% per week.
That sounds a lot of phantom drain? Did you have sentry mode active?
probably?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Did you have sentry mode active?
probably?
I never setup sentry mode, but I’ll check. Good suggestion. I was losing 10% per day in the garage until I started closing the Tesla app. Now it’s down to around 8%.
Sponsored