jwarner

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan gts, taycan gts st
Country flag
I’m sort if in the same boat but maybe a month away (car is in Emdem - and hoping it’ll be on the boat leaving today).

Getting a quote from Tire23 for the Pirelli P-Zero winter and the Nokian R5 EV. Technically the Nokians don’t have the speed rating (250km/h vs 190km/h) but does that really matter? I can’t see any situation I’d be going past 130 on winters 😝.

The dealer markup on the tire itself doesn’t seem terrible - but it’s the Porsche branded rim that you pay for. You can probably get whatever fancy rim you want for the same price.
I have a GTS ST coming, just left Emden. After much research, I went with the Pirellis, likely better in the dry and wet, not quite as good on snow and ice, cheaper (but not per mile) and specifically tuned for the Taycan. I don't think you can make a mistake either way.
Sponsored

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have just grabbed a deal, Goodyear UltraGrip Performance GEN-1 (108V XL) (Winter) (C B 72 B)(C C 73 B) (NF0) 245/45/20 + 285/40/20. 700 quid with Tpms.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a GTS ST coming, just left Emden. After much research, I went with the Pirellis, likely better in the dry and wet, not quite as good on snow and ice, cheaper (but not per mile) and specifically tuned for the Taycan. I don't think you can make a mistake either way.
I’ve got the Pirellis and they work well on snow. It’s a lot of fun drifting them round the mountain hairpins 😎

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Model S
Country flag
In the last few weeks I could swear someone sent me a YouTube video of a test where some specific all season tire tested better than most winter tires (maybe Hankook or Yokohama) in the snow. I can’t seem to find it or maybe I am hallucinating but that would be very concerning for me. Has anyone seen such a video or is it more likely I am crazy?

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
In the U.S. that model actually is a winter.
Granted, it’s an unofficially termed all weather tire. But it has the same DOT winter tire designation as all the other Central European winter tires in the test.

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Model S
Country flag
In the last few weeks I could swear someone sent me a YouTube video of a test where some specific all season tire tested better than most winter tires (maybe Hankook or Yokohama) in the snow. I can’t seem to find it or maybe I am hallucinating but that would be very concerning for me. Has anyone seen such a video or is it more likely I am crazy?
Found it. Hankook’s all season tire beats some winter tires in this test and the Michelin Alpin stands out from the pack.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
The reviewer calls it an all-season tire, but in the U.S. as a so-called "all-weather" tire it's essentially both a winter tire and an all-season tire:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/hankook-kinergy-4s2
"The Kinergy 4S2 meets the tire industry's severe snow service requirements and is branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol."
Sponsored