NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
After 6 months in good weather and minimal wiper usage, I remain very disappointed at the wiper blade design/quality in my Taycan. Will of course talk to the dealer, but wondering if folks here like/dislike their wiper system. My issue is that the blade does not glide smoothly on the glass, make screeching noise when its not raining heavily. Not sure if this is a blade issue or wiper system issue. (In comparison my other car is a Volvo, the original wipers are at 5 yrs now and work silk smooth)
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
After 6 months in good weather and minimal wiper usage, I remain very disappointed at the wiper blade design/quality in my Taycan. Will of course talk to the dealer, but wondering if folks here like/dislike their wiper system. My issue is that the blade does not glide smoothly on the glass, make screeching noise when its not raining heavily. Not sure if this is a blade issue or wiper system issue. (In comparison my other car is a Volvo, the original wipers are at 5 yrs now and work silk smooth)
Hit my first rain here in Arizona yesterday after 6 months of ownership and was amazed at how smooth and quiet my blades where. I always clean the glass with diluted denatured alcohol which probably means nothing and wipe the blades.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My blades have been on for over two years, with the last 8 months totally outdoors. No issues with squeaking or chattering. The blades work so well that the Porsche service tech did not replace them at the 2 year service visit.

Fyi, with my other Porsches whenever I had a problem with the wiper blades during the first 12 months, the dealer replaced them for free.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sounds like a treatment was applied to the glass incorrectly leading to juddering wipers.

Try cleaning and polishing the windshield with glass cleaner. Additionally clean the rubber on the wipers (put wipers in maintenance mode to make the cleaning easy).

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds like a treatment was applied to the glass incorrectly leading to juddering wipers.

Try cleaning and polishing the windshield with glass cleaner. Additionally clean the rubber on the wipers (put wipers in maintenance mode to make the cleaning easy).
How do you get the wipers into maintenance position?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag