WPN9 Campaign?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Can it be done OTA ? Mentions workshop/OTA sounds like both are possible. I just WPN8 done in the workshop.
I think Porsche OTA only updates apps (docker containers) and updating the host OS requires CAN/DoIP programming.
Sponsored

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Does anyone know whether WPN9 will also be applicable to MY23 cars?

I have the Porsche logo issue at the PCM start and I contacted my dealer to get the WPN9 update. They told me that it doesn’t have a WPN9 recall but rather a WPN8 one.
Any feedback? Is it because I am in France and it is not released yet? Or is it because MY23 need WPN8 instead of WPN9?
I don’t want to do the WPN8 upgrade and end up doing the WPN9 a month later.

cyiril4j

First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
Just took my 21 for WPN9. They said it's a much simpler update of PCM with a few fixes. As a software guy I imagine WPN9 is on top of WPN8 but given how involved WPN8 is to install, the dealer might have to apply WPN8 first anyway. I think NHTSA safety issues are addressed in WPN9 so it may be focused on US market initially to address the recall.

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
My dealer did the battery leak recall and the WPN9 at the same time. Each work order took about 5 hours per.
Porsche Taycan WPN9 Campaign? Pippa_Recall_Doc

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Just took my 21 for WPN9. They said it's a much simpler update of PCM with a few fixes. As a software guy I imagine WPN9 is on top of WPN8 but given how involved WPN8 is to install, the dealer might have to apply WPN8 first anyway. I think NHTSA safety issues are addressed in WPN9 so it may be focused on US market initially to address the recall.
Thanks. Given the list of bugs, it is unlikely it is for US only (there is even one bug specific to Sweden)

Porsche Taycan WPN9 Campaign? IMG_8571

BTW I am having one of the bugs, that’s why I am questioning the fact that my dealer said that he only sees WPN8 as a recall for my Taycan.

Did anyone get WPN9 installed on their MY23?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
So obviously dumb me forgot to verify whether it was WPN8 or WPN9 that was installed, but it definitely seems like they've improved the whole bootup sequence quite a bit. Previously it could take quite a while for the PCM to start (even when it didn't get stuck on the spinner of death), but now it pretty consistently boots in about 3 seconds.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Had WPN9 applied today (MY23 GTS ST) while in for a tire leak. It definitely lost the connection to my phone and I had to re-pair Bluetooth. After that it still wouldn't connect to Android Auto. Ultimately it took an on/off/on cycle to get it AA functioning again. Someone had mentioned needing to cycle off/on after the update, can confirm that seems necessary in some cases.

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My 2023 GTS cannot be delivered because it needs the WPN9 apparently. Been waiting for three weeks... dealer cannot get part needed from Porsche NA

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2023 GTS cannot be delivered because it needs the WPN9 apparently. Been waiting for three weeks... dealer cannot get part needed from Porsche NA
Huh? WPN9 should not require any parts for a 2023. Software update only.

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Huh? WPN9 should not require any parts for a 2023. Software update only.
Was told that update fails in some cars and requires PCM update. That’s all I am told by the dealer!

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
They seriously bricked your brand new PCM?! What a joke...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was told that update fails in some cars and requires PCM update. That’s all I am told by the dealer!
They require a whole new PCM computer for your 2023 car because a software update killed the hardware?!? That would be some really sad engineering on Porsche part. I am having a very hard time believing it. I find it very unlikely.

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
They require a whole new PCM computer for your 2023 car because a software update killed the hardware?!? That would be some really sad engineering on Porsche part. I am having a very hard time believing it. I find it very unlikely.
That's what I am told by the dealer. No idea...
Sponsored