JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Did anyone notice any change on the Taycan range after the WNA5 Campaign?? Note : My Porsche dealer said to me will increase at least 25/35 KM.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did anyone notice any change on the Taycan range after the WNA5 Campaign?? Note : My Porsche dealer said to me will increase at least 25/35 KM.
Dream on. No difference.

Too many other factors at play with range to be 100% certain but in my experience no improvement.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I definitely had an increase in range but I got a bad wheel bearing fixed at the same time and the ambient temps rose as well around the same time so I can’t be sure.

That being said, the range I was getting in my 2022 was a little disappointing before the update and now I’m just getting what I expected.

OP
OP
JM Lora

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I definitely had an increase in range but I got a bad wheel bearing fixed at the same time and the ambient temps rose as well around the same time so I can’t be sure.

That being said, the range I was getting in my 2022 was a little disappointing before the update and now I’m just getting what I expected.
My friend told me his 4S 2022 marked 501 KM since the campaign, but mine is 4S 2021, I will get on Monday, most I got was 456 KM in the gessometer.

OP
OP
JM Lora

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag

How much are you getting now on the gessometer?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No point using the range after charging as the metric.

Use the trip reading 'Since last charged' and record the miles / kWh.

For example, today I got 2.9 for a distance of 126 miles which is pretty good - constant speed of 70 mph and overall journey average of 53 mph.

I got these numbers on the same journey before and after the upgrade.

This equates to 259 miles on average since new 16 months ago. The guessometre has never indicated this range.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I've noticed that my average consumption has gone down. Before I got the update, my average was about 28kwh/100km. Now it sits around 24kwh/100km. Drive style and route unchanged.

I wonder if the software is related to the temp management. since the update, I've noticed the battery gets a lot hotter faster, even during normal driving.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My friend told me his 4S 2022 marked 501 KM since the campaign, but mine is 4S 2021, I will get on Monday, most I got was 456 KM in the gessometer.
456km is excellent.
my experience: avg.consumption is going down…. i don’t know why/how, but my results are much better after 15k km than it was during first 5k, 8k, 10k km….
when avg.consumption went down during winter, i thought that’s because of 20” tires.
when i switched to 21” (mid March)k i was expecting thst consumption will raise…but it’s still going down On my daily routes (home-work-home).

in other words: if i started last September with 26kwh/100km, today i’m doing the same route around 20kwh/100km.

Last edited:

OP
OP
JM Lora

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
456km is excellent.
my experience: avg.consumption is going down…. i don’t know why/how, but my results are much better after 15k km than it was during first 5k, 8k, 10k km….
when avg.consumption went down during winter, i thought that’s because of 20” tires.
when i switched to 21” (mid March)k i was expecting thst consumption will raise…but it’s still going down On my daily routes (home-work-home).
Here is always summer! Always hot temperature in Dominican Republic, maybe this help. The Max I got was 456 KM and the minimum was 416 KM. But at the end of the day is not only the gessometer, it's about the KM you can get from the last charge you did it as Winge said in this post.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’m not talking about predictions (after charging), but real consumption, ie. Spent kwh/100km.
And of course warm weather helps a lot.
btw: what;s the size of your friends’ tires?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
How much are you getting now on the gessometer?
I went from 220 to about 240 at 85% charge. I have 21” performance tires and pb+.

More importantly, I was getting around 2.5 m/kwh and now I’m getting around 2.7, sometimes 2.8 on the same trips. I live in south FL so the temps have changed but not massively.

OP
OP
JM Lora

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I’m not talking about predictions (after charging), but real consumption, ie. Spent kwh/100km.
And of course warm weather helps a lot.
btw: what;s the size of your friends’ tires?
21 inch/ 4s PB 2022 model.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I went from 220 to about 240 at 85% charge. I have 21” performance tires and pb+.

More importantly, I was getting around 2.5 m/kwh and now I’m getting around 2.7, sometimes 2.8 on the same trips. I live in south FL so the temps have changed but not massively.
How old is the car?

Higher ambient explains the impressive range overall. That said your consumption seems high before and after the upgrade but there could be many explanations for that.

Reactions: B61

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
How old is the car?

Higher ambient explains the impressive range overall. That said your consumption seems high before and after the upgrade but there could be many explanations for that.
6 months old and 4500 miles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
6 months old and 4500 miles.
Thx - perhaps the higher ambient impacts the consumption a little - you get more headline range but slightly higher consumption.

Out of interest what has been your overall consumption since new (trip data will provide a number)?
Sponsored