WPN9 Campaign?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
That's what I am told by the dealer. No idea...
Have you seen the car recently? Perhaps it was otherwise damaged and the dealer is covering? It sounds suspicious. You are the first member here to report a PCM hardware unrecoverably bricked by an update.
Sponsored

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Have you seen the car recently? Perhaps it was otherwise damaged and the dealer is covering? It sounds suspicious. You are the first member here to report a PCM hardware unrecoverably bricked by an update.
yep. Porsche NA has confirmed that a part replacement is required for the update

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did they say what part?
no, they didn’t. Both mentioned that some cars cannot be updated, and require a hardware change. New cars cannot be delivered without the update.
I have read the same in some other forums: a part replacement was required for the software update.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no, they didn’t. Both mentioned that some cars cannot be updated, and require a hardware change. New cars cannot be delivered without the update.
I have read the same in some other forums: a part replacement was required for the software update.
Ask for the invoice when done, it should list the part they installed. It boggles my mind why newer cars cannot accept newest software, but older cars can. Really curious what that hardware part is that Porsche chose to remove from latest cars that is needed back. What is your production date by the way? Mine is a MY2023 manufactured 12/2022 and WPN9 was done in just hours time, no parts were needed.

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ask for the invoice when done, it should list the part they installed. It boggles my mind why newer cars cannot accept newest software, but older cars can. Really curious what that hardware part is that Porsche chose to remove from latest cars that is needed back. What is your production date by the way? Mine is a MY2023 manufactured 12/2022 and WPN9 was done in just hours time, no parts were needed.
Yes, I also found it very confusing, that's why I called Porsche NA when the dealer told me that a part needs to be replaced for a software update. They confirmed it, but it's definitely bizarre.

taycan2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Maybe the physical manual in your glove box? Mine was replaced with the update.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
My ‘22 CT4 has all kinds of PCM issues since the WPN9 update, takes 10 minutes or longer to connect to my phone, favorites don’t load, just spinning circle, cannot answer or make calls (shows that calls are being made/accepted, but you can’t answer/talk), access to most of the PCM functions say they are unavailable while driving even when sitting in the garage. Anyone else seeing this?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My ‘22 CT4 has all kinds of PCM issues since the WPN9 update, takes 10 minutes or longer to connect to my phone, favorites don’t load, just spinning circle, cannot answer or make calls (shows that calls are being made/accepted, but you can’t answer/talk), access to most of the PCM functions say they are unavailable while driving even when sitting in the garage. Anyone else seeing this?
Have you rebooted?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, have rebooted it a couple of times since I got it back from the shop. Does not make any difference.
I realize it's a pain, but possibly less of a pain than taking it in for service, have you tried factory reset and re-pairing the phone?

I had the WPN9 done a few weeks back, knock on wood, PCM and Apple CarPlay has been working fine.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
I realize it's a pain, but possibly less of a pain than taking it in for service, have you tried factory reset and re-pairing the phone?

I had the WPN9 done a few weeks back, knock on wood, PCM and Apple CarPlay has been working fine.
These issues happen without using CarPlay, just the PCM functioning itself, for example, using the volume control on the steering wheel lags, turning it occasionally changes the volume after a 10 or 15 second delay. Don’t think the phone would cause this?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These issues happen without using CarPlay, just the PCM functioning itself, for example, using the volume control on the steering wheel lags, turning it occasionally changes the volume after a 10 or 15 second delay. Don’t think the phone would cause this?
Factory reset would clear up any setting or state which may be corrupt. If you take it to service, that is most likely what they will do first. If your PCM has been upgraded many times, it might have some old settings saved which are not quite compatible with the current version. Resetting all settings gives you a fresh start. I know it's pain to re-setup everything, not 100% guaranteed to work, but is has a good chance it could fix your issues.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Factory reset would clear up any setting or state which may be corrupt. If you take it to service, that is most likely what they will do first. If your PCM has been upgraded many times, it might have some old settings saved which are not quite compatible with the current version. Resetting all settings gives you a fresh start. I know it's pain to re-setup everything, not 100% guaranteed to work, but is has a good chance it could fix your issues.
I would try that if I could get to the factory reset option. If I try to get to the system settings, the PCM tells me that I can’t access it while driving, even if the car is sitting in the garage.
Sponsored