Xpel Interior Kit

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Have anyone here got the xpel interior kit. How does it look/is it any good. Like many other modern cars the taycan has an abundance of high gloss black scratch prone surfaces inside. Would be interesting to hear if the Xpel solves the problem.
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I have it and love it. Protects display screens, all miscellaneous glossy parts on the dash, and my illuminated door sills!

OP
OP

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
I have it and love it. Protects display screens, all miscellaneous glossy parts on the dash, and my illuminated door sills!
Nice how visible would you say it is?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can't see it on the screens or most other parts at all. The circular piece on the power button shows its edge, but doesn't look bad, and is well worth the freedom from scratch marks. I believe it aids in cleaning, too. To eliminate dust or smudges on the touchscreens (without activating any controls) I only need to give a quick wipe with this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017TOVLSO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep one in the compartment underneath the center console screen, so I can reach it and wipe display screens even while driving.

The door sill wrap forms a continuous glossy clear finish over that black brushed metal surface. So, shiny, but looks fine to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Do you by any chance have any pictures from the interior? ?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you by any chance have any pictures from the interior? ?
Here are a couple of snaps, door sill and screens. Hmm, I think it's time to give it a thorough cleaning.

Porsche Taycan Xpel Interior Kit door sill

Porsche Taycan Xpel Interior Kit screens

Last edited:
OP
OP

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Here are a couple of snaps, door sill and screens. Hmm, I think it's time to give it a thorough cleaning.

door sill.jpg

screens.jpg
Tnx are the displays more glossy with film applied can’t really tell from the pictures?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tnx are the displays more glossy with film applied can’t really tell from the pictures?
It actually seems to slightly disrupt the glare on the screens, but it's very transparent, so doesn't dim the displays at all. It really seems to protect the surface without changing the appearance noticeably. It also seems to cut the static electricity (less dust adherence), which is huge in this dry climate. Before I take off from the house, I just do a quick wipe with the microfiber sponge described above, and that removes any smudges and dust from the screens.

I should add that the full external wrap with ceramic over all painted surfaces has maintained the glossy shine with minimal effort, even here in the high desert sandblaster environment. I've done the wash about twice/month in my garage, using the rinseless wash product and procedures below. (it's been a few weeks without driving in wet conditions since the last time I washed, so now it's needed just to knock off a light coating of dust). But I really look forward to it, because it's such a meditative, smooth, and relaxing experience.

So, I'm very happy with the the full film wrap, inside and out, plus ceramic coating.

Product Review & How-To Guide: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash | Ask a Pro Blog
Sponsored