Taycan Overall Profile

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by TheSnape, Apr 20, 2019.

1. felixtb

felixtb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    Porsche: Taycan reserved; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, 3, new roadster reserved
    architect
    believe me you will be VERY disappointed if you think that the final version will look any different than what we are calling the mules..... they are production ready in my humble opinion and the only thing that makes them look more panameraish than mission-e:ish is the changed roofline that is much too bulbous at the back end to better accommodate rear seat passengers. and YES this really is a very sad design decision since it was the agressive roofline that drew me to the concept. all the other details are added benefit but does not change the porsche silhouette as much as that roofline.......... :-(

2. Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    I was into the car for what it is, rather than what it looks like. Sure, the Mission E looks amazing...but, there was no way it was ever going to look like that and 1) be road legal in the United States and 2) be under $150k USD.

This will be an extremely good looking car lowered an inch or two and with proper wheels/body mods. I'll be digging into it as soon as I take delivery. As soon as I find out the wheels specs from the factory, I'll be on the hunt for wheels ;)

3. domin1720

domin1720 Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicles:
    2017 macan gts
    So even though this image was in the official Taycan campaign (with side mirrors visible) it won't be the actual car?

20190423_204637.jpg

4. Big_Pete1999

Big_Pete1999 Active Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicles:
    Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
    #19 Big_Pete1999, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
    They actually came out with pictures yesterday of the Taycan without the front light camo panels taped on it. Even just peeling off the headlight covers is making a gigantic aesthetic improvement.

porsche-taycan-prototype-shows-production-lights-in-traffic-looks-sleek-134014_1.jpg porsche-taycan-prototype-shows-production-lights-in-traffic-looks-sleek_2.jpg

Tye and Ron R like this.
  5. felixtb

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    architect
    #20 felixtb, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    In my opinion the only way those really wide haunches will happen is if Porsche has an extra wide ‘Turbo’ body....... and sadly I think that’s very much wishful thinking, considering that they have finally faced that idea out from the 911 line...... and for the Taycan that would mean widening the rear wheel wells AND the rear doors.......

6. Friedrich

Friedrich Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004, Porsche Cayenne
    Commercial Real Estate Landlord
    The Taycan ad soul electrified is a photo of the Mission E, which is just gorgeous, but the flares for the rear fender are lost to make realistic sitting room in the rear seats making it a more practical 4 or 5 passenger car, watering down the design. The front fenders are tone down to match the rear and to be more in line with the rest of the Porsche line up of vehicles............ and as some say, they Panameraized the design. But all Porsche's have the undeniable Porsche basic design concept for the past 60 years, so take the Taycan for what it is, the first electric mass produced vehicle with a sporty design.

The rear end on one of the spy photos with huge lights looks like red tape. I expect the rear tail lights to be very similar to the new 911 and Panamera, a considerable improvement over taillights of the past 10 years

MissionERearEnd.jpg

7. Passifier

Passifier New Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicles:
    TAYCAN on order with deposit - Tesla S, Cayenne, MB 300
    I sure you are wrong and we are all surprised but I am worried about the final design. By the way, I just drove the new Audi E-tron SUV and the car looks much better than the photo's and has a stunning interior. The one I drove was listed at 90k with all of the whistles and bells and I would say was a much better riding vehicle than my Tesla S and the fit and finish on the Audi blows away the Tesla. Hopefully, we will not be dissapointed with the Taycan since I too have had money down for a very long time and bought a Cayenne just to have something new to drive until the Taycan came to our shores. I was planning on going to Germany to pick it up but cannot get any firm answers if that will be allowed. Just have to wait and see.....

8. Passifier

Passifier New Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicles:
    TAYCAN on order with deposit - Tesla S, Cayenne, MB 300
    OOPS....MEANT TO SAY..I sure hope you are wrong....left out the word "hope"

9. felixtb

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    architect
    Pretty sure that will not be possible since the electrical inlets even if it’s CCS on both side of the Atlantic are very different so there would be a lot of changes to the car when it arrived in the US....... but then again I guess if you would be willing to pay for that change then I guess why not.......