Jvierra

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Recently I haven’t been able to charge under Profile. I get message “Charging Completed” I can only charge by Direct Charging. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Go into the settings for the profile that is displayed when you plug in, and make sure it is set to whatever percentage / state of charge desired?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Keep in mind the setting in profiles that’s the minimum charge. What is your set to and what does it charge to?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Switch the Direct Charge off either in the vehicle or via the Porsche Connect App. When enabled it ignores all timers and profiles thereby attempting to charge as soon as you plug it in for as long as you plug it in.

When at a public charger all timers and profiles are overridden by default and effectively 'direct charge'.

Can't think of when you would want the feature enabled when at home unless you particularly need to start charging immediately. If you do then remember to toggle it off when done.

Topic is well covered in the Porsche Good to Know App and elsewhere.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good point to make - public DC stations always operate as if Direct Charge is set. Public AC stations, a friend's house, your home, etc. - these are where profiles and timers come into play.

I have a limited use case example for direct charging at home. I have a time of use rate plan. The Winder off-peak hours include 1pm - 4pm weekdays and weekends. However the Porsche software doesn't allow for two preferred charging time intervals or for different hours on nights and weekends, so I have preferred charging times set to 9pm - 6am. If I want to charge on a Saturday, or between 1p and 4p on a week day, that's when Direct Charging comes in handy. And yes, as you point out, you have to remember to turn it off!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@NC_Taycan, but you can't set multiple profiles for these "off-peak" time slots, right?

I do the same here but only need one profile as our "off-peak" is 12:00 - 07:00 and is free. I have other profiles which I only activate when I need to but multiples are permitted.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Correct - one GPS location -> one active profile. I could create four profiles (one for weekends with no preferred times, one for summer off- peak hours weekdays, one for winter nighttime off-peak hours weekdays and one for winter daytime off-peak hours) then select which of the four I wanted active. That's way more effort than required since 9pm - 6am is more than enough time to charge the car completely at any SOC.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do the same here but only need one profile as our "off-peak" is 12:00 - 07:00 and is free.
Hi Adrian, I hope this is not offensive, but I'm very curious about the cultural response to free electricity in Scotland from midnight to 7 am. My parents and relatives attributed their extreme frugality to their Scottish ancestry. At an early age I was taught that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny, and that the Grand Canyon in the U.S. was formed when a Scotsman lost a nickel down a gopher hole. I assumed it was normal for all the bars of soap in the house to be formed from compressed scraps. My parents and relatives would have lost their minds over free electricity from midnight to 7 am, and would have gone to great lengths to exploit that to an irrational extreme. Perhaps those that emigrated represented the majority of extremely frugal Scotsmen? Anyway, just curious if the free electricity for seven hours a day has an outsize impact in Scotland. (They also would have lost their minds over my Taycan purchase, but sadly they are no longer with us.)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Adrian, I hope this is not offensive, but I'm very curious about the cultural response to free electricity in Scotland from midnight to 7 am. My parents and relatives attributed their extreme frugality to their Scottish ancestry. At an early age I was taught that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny, and that the Grand Canyon in the U.S. was formed when a Scotsman lost a nickel down a gopher hole. I assumed it was normal for all the bars of soap in the house to be formed from compressed scraps. My parents and relatives would have lost their minds over free electricity from midnight to 7 am, and would have gone to great lengths to exploit that to an irrational extreme. Perhaps those that emigrated represented the majority of extremely frugal Scotsmen? Anyway, just curious if the free electricity for seven hours a day has an outsize impact in Scotland. (They also would have lost their minds over my Taycan purchase, but sadly they are no longer with us.)
Haha, and the Treasury invented the 50p coin so that they could use a spanner to get it out of a Fifer's hand!

Specifically, the "free" electricity relates to my tariff which has a green EV element to it. So between the hours of midnight and 07:00 I am entitled to free electricity which is off-peak (low general utilisation elsewhere) and renewably generated via Wind Farms which as you know can't store electricity. I am entitled to the equivalent of 8,000 miles of "freedom" per annum which is generally more than I need.

ItsMyWifesCar

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recently completed the “WML2” recall, as well, and can no longer limit charging to anything less than 100%. I’ve scanned the settings in my car and on both phone apps, the old and new. Has any one sorted this out? Should I care if level 2 charging always gets me to 100%

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I recently completed the “WML2” recall, as well, and can no longer limit charging to anything less than 100%. I’ve scanned the settings in my car and on both phone apps, the old and new. Has any one sorted this out? Should I care if level 2 charging always gets me to 100%
The charging timers and profiles only control AC charging and are ignored during DC charging.

For AC / level 2 charging you really only want to charge to 85% and therefore should use a profile and / or timer combination.

If you could share your existing timer and profile configs we can assist further.

ItsMyWifesCar

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The charging timers and profiles only control AC charging and are ignored during DC charging.

For AC / level 2 charging you really only want to charge to 85% and therefore should use a profile and / or timer combination.

If you could share your existing timer and profile configs we can assist further.
so…. This morning I could not toggle Direct Charging. Later, I opened the app, the old one, and the toggle has reappeared. I can’t explain it. I’ll just assume user error and move one.

I appreciate the offer to help me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
so…. This morning I could not toggle Direct Charging. Later, I opened the app, the old one, and the toggle has reappeared. I can’t explain it. I’ll just assume user error and move one.

I appreciate the offer to help me.
No worries but just in case you don't realise, Direct Charging is not related to DC charging and is simply a feature to override any profile or timer for AC charging - normally it should be set to 'off' unless you have a reason to leave it on.
Sponsored