Taycan RWD Acceleration without Launch Control

bazhar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
x
Country flag
Hello,

all figures of 0-60 mph (or 0-100kmh) accelerations that are provided by Porsche and the reviewers are done with launch control / overboost. Could I ask if any of the Taycan owners would be so kind to measure acceleration times without launch control? I am mostly interested in RWD model, but it would be interesting to see other models as well. Also please specify the battery you are using or if you think there are some other circumstances that may have impacted the measurement. Thanks.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hello,

all figures of 0-60 mph (or 0-100kmh) accelerations that are provided by Porsche and the reviewers are done with launch control / overboost. Could I ask if any of the Taycan owners would be so kind to measure acceleration times without launch control? I am mostly interested in RWD model, but it would be interesting to see other models as well. Also please specify the battery you are using or if you think there are some other circumstances that may have impacted the measurement. Thanks.
Hi, I'm only aware of timed acceleration without launch control for a Turbo, in this Youtube video starting at 10:15 where he accelerates 0-100kph first with launch control (taking just under 3.2 secs) then again without launch control (taking just less than 0.1 seconds longer). I wouldn't assume that the differential with/without launch control will be the same for all the other power variants.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,

Taycan RWD (std battery). Go to the configuration tool and click on Technical Specs at the bottom and all will be revealed - again only with LC numbers but add 0.2s to 0.4s or thereabouts to get an good approximation. All academic in any event IMHO.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Acceleration without Launch Control 1637663630246

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Taycan RWD (std battery). Go to the configuration tool and click on Technical Specs at the bottom and all will be revealed - again only with LC numbers but add 0.2s to 0.4s or thereabouts to get an good approximation. All academic in any event IMHO.

1637663630246.png
This would be really interesting to know. I am between a CT 4 or 4s. I have a X5 45e now and primarily drive all electric (136 hp). Now and then I like to do some red light sprint but I am not a very sportive driver. More comfort oriented in general.
I tested a CT last week but they only had a 4s, which was plenty fast for me. Now I am in doubt I won’t regret buying a 4s. Tomorrow I am testing a sedan rwd this should be close to the CT 4.
Would the CT 4 when using LC have the performance of a CT 4s without when when leaving at a red light?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This would be really interesting to know. I am between a CT 4 or 4s. I have a X5 45e now and primarily drive all electric (136 hp). Now and then I like to do some red light sprint but I am not a very sportive driver. More comfort oriented in general.
I tested a CT last week but they only had a 4s, which was plenty fast for me. Now I am in doubt I won’t regret buying a 4s. Tomorrow I am testing a sedan rwd this should be close to the CT 4.
Would the CT 4 when using LC have the performance of a CT 4s without when when leaving at a red light?
LC comparison is pointless - all cars have it so why would you not use it do a comparison.

I've never once used LC yet (no need to) as flooring the throttle in Sport is super quick (and illegal) as it is!

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
No, the CT4 with LC would not feel as quick as 4S w/o LC. 4S is much quicker - however in the daily use you would use the full throttle rarely and difference between 4 and 4S would not be a dramatic one.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
My humble real world experienc, drove both 4S and Turbo, own CT4.
I have no numbers (do not real matter).
Daily driving all of the 3 will smoke 98% of ICE car at the stop light.
No difference 0 to 50 mph, 4 and 4s. Turbo push harder (too hard for me)
Some have reported lag…I have not noticed any. I used to drive 991 4s, unless in the right rpm … day and night.
4s pick up from CT4 after 50mph if continue flooring it…also passing.

Most of my daily driving is urban (Florida), limited 45 / 70mph …. Barely floor it, used couple time launch control and enjoy a full option car with plenty power for what I do - 0 regrets.

Now if you have access to unlimited roads or live in mountain curvy road I would have gone for the Turbo or now the GTS.

my 2 cents

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My humble real world experienc, drove both 4S and Turbo, own CT4.
I have no numbers (do not real matter).
Daily driving all of the 3 will smoke 98% of ICE car at the stop light.
No difference 0 to 50 mph, 4 and 4s. Turbo push harder (too hard for me)
Some have reported lag…I have not noticed any. I used to drive 991 4s, unless in the right rpm … day and night.
4s pick up from CT4 after 50mph if continue flooring it…also passing.

Most of my daily driving is urban (Florida), limited 45 / 70mph …. Barely floor it, used couple time launch control and enjoy a full option car with plenty power for what I do - 0 regrets.

Now if you have access to unlimited roads or live in mountain curvy road I would have gone for the Turbo or now the GTS.

my 2 cents
Thx this is also my reasoning. Really useful

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
LC comparison is pointless - all cars have it so why would you not use it do a comparison.

I've never once used LC yet (no need to) as flooring the throttle in Sport is super quick (and illegal) as it is!
What I meant to say: would a ct4 when using LC be as quick at the rad light as the ct4s without using it. I could live with that.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What I meant to say: would a ct4 when using LC be as quick at the rad light as the ct4s without using it. I could live with that.
No. It will be different. Doubt you could measure it and everyone's reactions are different.

This ought not be a consideration in your purchasing decision.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When I had the Tesla's I always flexed my rightfoot at traffic lights, In the Taycan I simply cant be bothered, you have everything beat simply by the look of the car.
BTW love the Mamba and stripe (and the ECO BURN reg!) - would you mind posting other pictures as this looks like the best one I've seen and I'm not brave enough to go green (just with envy)?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
BTW love the Mamba and stripe (and the ECO BURN reg!) - would you mind posting other pictures as this looks like the best one I've seen and I'm not brave enough to go green (just with envy)?
I am terrible at taking any pictures but will try and take some over the weekend. My village bobby has made it his life’s mission over the past year to get me to space the reg correctly, £1000 fine and a letter from the DVLA threatening to revoke it made me finally correct it………

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am terrible at taking any pictures but will try and take some over the weekend. My village bobby has made it his life’s mission over the past year to get me to space the reg correctly, £1000 fine and a letter from the DVLA threatening to revoke it made me finally correct it………
Yet others get away with it!

There's no justice out there but plenty of jobsworth Bobbies!

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Yet others get away with it!

There's no justice out there but plenty of jobsworth Bobbies!
To be fair he did initially ask nicely, but one of my many weaknesses is being told what to do so it was never going to end amicably, I will never learn…….
Sponsored