pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
when PCM 6.0 was released June 2021.
PCM 6.0 was not released in June 2021. It was released with the introduction of the Taycan in 2019. But from there Porsche released different software versions. Not all of them are compatible to earlier model years. Only Porsche knows why that is.

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
PCM 6.0 was not released in June 2021. It was released with the introduction of the Taycan in 2019. But from there Porsche released different software versions. Not all of them are compatible to earlier model years. Only Porsche knows why that is.
Oh my bad. I saw an announcement about PCM 6.0 in June 2021 and thought that was when they introduced it. Forget what I said then, who the heck knows what Porsche is going to do then ?

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I find it amazing that my just newly delivered MY21, that I waited 8 months for, now has an outdated PCM and no clarification from either PCNA or my dealer that my car can AND will receive the update.

Agreed…. disappointing.
I'm exactly in the same situation. 4 months after the delivery I wouldn't be able to do an update ...

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
My understanding from speaking to my dealer last night is that this will also include a hardware update for new builds just as it did around this time last year. He confirmed beginning in week 7 from when the first GTS builds are starting.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
My understanding from speaking to my dealer last night is that this will also include a hardware update for new builds just as it did around this time last year. He confirmed beginning in week 7 from when the first GTS builds are starting.
I'm a bit lost.
How many hardware upgrades does this model have per year ? ??

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm a bit lost.
How many hardware upgrades does this model have per year ? ??
I think Porsche have been overwhelmed with the number of complaints around the PCM so are trying to address these from both a hardware and software perspective…

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I think Porsche have been overwhelmed with the number of complaints around the PCM so are trying to address these from both a hardware and software perspective…
Fine about the new customers but what about the existing ones ?

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fine about the new customers but what about the existing ones ?
Agree. Was in the same position as had an early 2020 car with the basic PCM 6. One of the reasons I decided to change for a GTS this year as the PCM system was painful to use.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
In the partscatalogue the 2019/2020/2021 PCM unit partnumbers are all 9J1 035 xxx, while on the 2022 the partsnumbers starts with PAD instead of 9J1.

As with all VAG partnumbers (up until now atleast) the first three digits refer to the car/model the part was introduced on....

The conundrum for me then is...what does PAD mean?
I also like to better understand that!
Came across this PAD prefix when googling for the 2022 race tex lower B pillar trims replacing stock
9j1 867 240 b 1e0.
My best guess would be PAD meaning something like shared with Audi?

The PCM6 hardware is pretty much the same as built in millions of VAG cars, called MIB3 in different flavours as being called premium in Etron-GT and Taycan.

you can google for some more detailed info with Audis SSPs:
Third-generation modular infotainment matrix Self-study programme SSP 679

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I also like to better understand that!
Came across this PAD prefix when googling for the 2022 race tex lower B pillar trims replacing stock
9j1 867 240 b 1e0.
My best guess would be PAD meaning something like shared with Audi?

The PCM6 hardware is pretty much the same as built in millions of VAG cars, called MIB3 in different flavours as being called premium in Etron-GT and Taycan.

you can google for some more detailed info with Audis SSPs:
Third-generation modular infotainment matrix Self-study programme SSP 679
Would PAD means Porsche AuDi ?

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
MY2022, whether I got lucky or they changed something I don’t know. Car built early November. My PCM has been working fine, no laggy input, no latency of any operation.

The only update I really want here is the improved algos for trip planner.Fingers crossed we can toggle off the colours, don’t like them one bit.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Fingers crossed we can toggle off the colours, don’t like them one bit.
Wouldn't be too optimistic about that. According to the press release it was a "wish" of Porsche owners to better differentiate the icons. That's why they are coloured now. Maybe in the next PCM update they are monochrome again ?
I don't like the coloured icons either.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My car should end production 24/2, end of week 8. Don’t know how long production takes and I don’t have the start of production date. I could be lucky. Or just not.
Sponsored