Just got back from the Porsche Expert Talk.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
lot of speculation here, but whatever figure is being thrown around is for one model only, my guess is the top model.

There is a lot of unknowns.

Price is between a cayenne and a panamera... what trim level? Here it can either be $75k to $98k base or well over $200k for a turbo panamera.
600hp? Is that base Taycan or turbo?
8 minutes? Is that fully optioned or do we have to buy the electric “sport chrono”

Porsche is more than notorious for trim levels, options and packages. When they speak of the Taycan we can not assume it’s for the same Taycan we are all buying.

They have been far less coy with new models before this, so my guess is either they have not yet figured out the different models yet or how to price them or both.
I say this because the Audi clone has far more information and is already driving city streets in its near final form all over YouTuber a vlogs etc.
If my memory servers me correct, we knew of the Taycan far before the Audi version.

Best we wait and see I think.
Speculation is fun, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
In my country we have CO2-tax.
The more CO2, the more tax, obviously.
Here in the Netherlands, the Panamera Hybrid Turbo S is the SAME PRICE (€216K) as a Turbo Sport, funny right?
That's a 130 hp difference, right there!
All because it has an electric motor...
We pay ridiculously more € for high performance cars, this CO2 madness is getting out of hand...
So, with the Taycan doesn't have CO2, I suspect it'll be on par with normal worldwide prices (and in no way between the Cayenne and Panamera, lol).
That's a good thing.
But still...

https://www.porsche.com/netherlands/nl/models/panamera/

A993

First Name
Adriaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
All true, and the thing I'm curious about is the price in the Netherlands. According Porsche the price will be between Cayennen and Panamera. This means a starting price of 75 - 80K in Germany, but also in the Netherlands, because our CO2 tax does not apply to EV's. But my Porsche dealer told me the Taycan is starting at about 100 - 110K.
This looks fair comparing the panamera and cayenne pricing here in the Netherlands, but in fact it looks the VAG distributer, PON is holding a piece of the tax advantage as extra margin. They did it before with the electric VW E-UP. Very curious how this turns out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
All true, and the thing I'm curious about is the price in the Netherlands. According Porsche the price will be between Cayennen and Panamera. This means a starting price of 75 - 80K in Germany, but also in the Netherlands, because our CO2 tax does not apply to EV's. But my Porsche dealer told me the Taycan is starting at about 100 - 110K.
This looks fair comparing the panamera and cayenne pricing here in the Netherlands, but in fact it looks the VAG distributer, PON is holding a piece of the tax advantage as extra margin. They did it before with the electric VW E-UP. Very curious how this turns out.
I’ve noticed the price target has been creeping inexorably upward, toward 911 range. I’m sure the highest range will start @130k USD

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve noticed the price target has been creeping inexorably upward, toward 911 range. I’m sure the highest range will start @130k USD
Only according to a few dealers with no actual knowledge of the pricing.

The pricing structure will likely be very similar to Model S. So around 83k, 94k, 114k, maybe a Turbo S eventually at 133k.

That's always been the word from Porsche and what makes the most sense. Of course, that's BEFORE options.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
To my knowledge Porsche never stated a price or model range whatsoever.

It's all based on just one email from a "Porsche Global Ambassador" who's name isn't even known.
Probably a salesman from a local Porsche dealership.
Absolutely nothing official.

Last edited:

docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
Nice that your seller show some interest in the customers. In Denmark we get "nada". So I have ordered the car from Germany. Lots of mails and merchandise, brochures end even an offer to by a Porsche Bike (9900 €). ;-)))

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz
Country flag
the fact that they still show the prototype version of the Taycon is encouraging a bit but not enough for me to put a deposit down yet. I won't be interested in the car that they show drifting on the snow is the actual final product. I rather go with model S instead of the Panamera. I hope to see a surprise in September.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
the fact that they still show the prototype version of the Taycon is encouraging a bit but not enough for me to put a deposit down yet. I won't be interested in the car that they show drifting on the snow is the actual final product. I rather go with model S instead of the Panamera. I hope to see a surprise in September.
But IF you see a surprise and still want one you'll have to wait for at least two years...
You're already too late to put down a deposit anyway.
I'm #19 and my dealer only gets just 30 cars this year.
Go figure...

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
I am going to guess that the US market will get the lyons share of Taycan allocations to go against the Tesla, especially where the Tesla is selling well, So Cal for one. Perhaps Florida as well? Also VW has a settlement (over the diesel fisaco) with the US government where they have agreed to do some big money infrastructure investments. So it makes sense that most taycans will go where the infrastructure investments are being made.
Sponsored