daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
good build - no such thing as too many option - the 25 ft cord $0 option is pulling the $1120 Porsche Mobile Charge connect into your build - you can buy high quality EV chargers w/25 ft cord for way way less than $1120 and the car will come with the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus that is a decent charger that you can leave in the car for traveling and install a separate "home charger" w/25 ft cord for way less than $1120 - so you get two chargers for the price of one.

but if it's too much hassle you can leave it alone and just get the porsche one…

teh porsche wall charge for example is about the same price, can be configured to do more than 40 amps - and still leaves you with a the PMC+ that comes included standard with the vehicle…

it's a good build - you'll be happy.

Reactions: B61
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT on order
Country flag
My dealer is pushing the $1120 Mobile Charge add on. If I don't get add it, what charger will I get "standard?"

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Some cosmetic suggestions which are down to personal preference(you may already have selected some of these, I couldn't tell for sure):
Black aluminium or illuminated door sill plates
Race-Tex B-pillar lower trims (replacing the very prominent hard plastic)
Ambient lighting
Rear model designation in black, body colour or deleted
Red seatbelts
FYI- I think the leather door trim package is only visible when doors are open...there's a thread about it somewhere.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Ambient lighting
Yep. Ambient lighting is something that I didn't opt... and it was mistake. Big one. The only one that I really regret.
I don't like "lightshow" in the cabin, so I skipped it, but I didn't know that under the door lights are part of ambient lighting. ... and it's good to see (in dark) where you are going to step out of the car.

Otherwise, as David said: it's great built, you'll love it!
Colours are personal, chalk is (was) my favourite as well... but I'd go either with red/black interior or brambleberry.... to make a contrast and less sensitive colour of interior.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My dealer is pushing the $1120 Mobile Charge add on. If I don't get add it, what charger will I get "standard?"
Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+). No display panel, WiFi and less power (9.6kW). Check the standard spec of the car for more details. Perfectly fine for home charging.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+). No display panel, WiFi and less power (9.6kW). Check the standard spec of the car for more details. Perfectly fine for home charging.
in US/North America both the PMC+/PMCC are 9.6 kW max power due to the limits of NEMA 14-50/6-50 plugs - no "advantage" to the PMCC other than LCD Screen and WiFi (both unimportant).

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yep. Ambient lighting is something that I didn't opt... and it was mistake. Big one. The only one that I really regret.
I don't like "lightshow" in the cabin, so I skipped it, but I didn't know that under the door lights are part of ambient lighting. ... and it's good to see (in dark) where you are going to step out of the car.

Otherwise, as David said: it's great built, you'll love it!
Colours are personal, chalk is (was) my favourite as well... but I'd go either with red/black interior or brambleberry.... to make a contrast and less sensitive colour of interior.
It is interesting the differences in standard equipment between regions. In NA ambient lighting is a standard feature, but the under-door lights are a separate option.

OP
OP
speedingcarefully
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan
Country flag
Might be a pride issue here lol: 18 months ago I bought my wife a new white Macaan with red/black interior. It looks amazing but I don’t want to “copy” her. Also, I live in Florida so I’d rather not have a black interior.

What do you mean by a ”sensitive” color? (see I spell-corrected that for ya ;)

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
in US/North America both the PMC+/PMCC are 9.6 kW max power due to the limits of NEMA 14-50/6-50 plugs - no "advantage" to the PMCC other than LCD Screen and WiFi (both unimportant).
I thought the PMCC for US had recently been upgraded to 19.2kW (originally 9.6kW) - 22kW UK?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It is interesting the differences in standard equipment between regions. In NA ambient lighting is a standard feature, but the under-door lights are a separate option.
You do get under door lights but the led puddle lights are extra. Also puddle lights in door mirrors.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know it's been discussed, but interesting how much more expensive it is to build my Turbo today. The way that they configure the options now, it's just under $10K more than its 2020 sticker.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
one thing I would add is the 19.2 kW - it really should be a part of the build as standard, and your dealer will often not understand the impact in adding it.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
What do you mean by a ”sensitive” color? (see I spell-corrected that for ya
Hard (colour) to keep it clear, hard to clean from blue/black jeans, kids, food,etc…
Sponsored