It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”)

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Hi folks,

My first post on this site as just getting into the Taycan spirit of Porsche as currently a porker owner here in the UK.

I’ve just ordered a volcano grey RWD 93kWh Sport Turismo through Zenith who are my company’s nominated employee car scheme agent.

They have just sent me an email to excitedly let me know my order is placed and the estimated deliver is Jan 2024.

The local Porsche dealer at Reading has stated 8-10mths for my spec which I built with them c. 3wks ago before ordering via Zenith.

I have gone back to Zenith questioning whether they meant to say 2023 instead of 2024. Really hoping it’s a typo 🙏

Does a near 19 month delivery time seem credible for those who are more in tune with the Porsche ordering and build system?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hi folks,

My first post on this site as just getting into the Taycan spirit of Porsche as currently a porker owner here in the UK.

I’ve just ordered a volcano grey RWD 93kWh Sport Turismo through Zenith who are my company’s nominated employee car scheme agent.

They have just sent me an email to excitedly let me know my order is placed and the estimated deliver is Jan 2024.

The local Porsche dealer at Reading has stated 8-10mths for my spec which I built with them c. 3wks ago before ordering via Zenith.

I have gone back to Zenith questioning whether they meant to say 2023 instead of 2024. Really hoping it’s a typo 🙏

Does a near 19 month delivery time seem credible for those who are more in tune with the Porsche ordering and build system?
These cars are very popular and there has been considerable disruption to supply chains! A delivery estimate of over 12 months is not unexpected.

Last edited:

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I don’t know if this is true but I have read you wait significantly longer via a leasing company instead of buying directly through Porsche.
Most estimates are around a year for the Taycan unless you want the GTS model that has a waiting time of around 18 months.

gregbrown54

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5, Porsche Taycan RWD on Order
Country flag
I was given an estimate of 65 weeks from Octopus for a base Taycan.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Consensus on this forum is that leases are not prioritised over direct orders, so the wait time could be 6-12 months longer than the already long 12-15 month wait for those buying direct.

I would guess leasing is less profitable to Porsche as they need to negotiate different financials with the leasing companies, who also need to turn a profit.

Thinking logically, it's also in the leasing company interests to extend the delivery time as currently it is very difficult to work out residuals where the world has flipped upside down. Second hand car values are now higher than brand new.

In another 12 months and in the thick of a recession, some sanity will return to everything. At that point the lease company can better judge residuals and profit margins. They will also know how many orders have been cancelled because of the job losses that are also coming.

Their pricing can then be adjusted accordingly.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the responses. I hadn’t appreciated that lease companies would go directly to Porsche, rather I’d assumed they would go to a small group of dealers and place through them.

I must admit the projected wait time is making me rethink the order and perhaps moving to an alternate (non - Porsche) car, but senior domestic management loves the Taycan so it’ll be a hard sell to shift. Means the 911 is a daily for another 19mths.

I have written to Zenith asking them to confirm their date (in the small hope that they’ve made a typo with the year) and take it from there.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I hadn’t appreciated that lease companies would go directly to Porsche, rather I’d assumed they would go to a small group of dealers and place through them.
Are you sure you weren't correct on that point? I wouldn't have thought that total sales volumes would justify Porsche creating a separate entity to manage lease sales and having to deal with conflicting priorities with dealership sales.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure you weren't correct on that point? I wouldn't have thought that total sales volumes would justify Porsche creating a separate entity to manage lease sales and having to deal with conflicting priorities with dealership sales.
that was my original logic but not that experienced with zenith so I’ll ask once I’ve got their response to my email

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really thought this thread was going to be about production delays owing to supply chain issues with nuts (and maybe bolts?). So much so that I clicked on it yesterday, read it, and then clicked on it again today expecting a supply chain thread.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Promising update received today…….

Please bear with me whilst I query this with our Purchasing team as the lead time we have in our system is 15 months which whilst I can appreciate is more than may have been quoted to you by Porsche directly, is clearly less than the estimated 19 months advised below.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Afaik I know dealers in the Porsche retail group do not deal with lease companies. I think all lease cars come from franchise dealers. This is what I was told by Porsche hatfield. One of the main reasons is that they have no opportunity to get the car back as it’s owned by the lease companies.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Balls - they’ve confirmed it’s a 19 month delivery 😡

tombillented

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (Pending)
Country flag
I’ve heard it is longer through the lease companies so you may be out of luck there my friend. I ordered my Taycan RWD directly from reading in October and supposedly on for delivery next month although haven’t had an update in last few weeks so we shall see!

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordering a Porsche seemed straight forward but is having more twists than a cut snake.

Having had it confirmed a few days ago it would be 19 months before delivery, I’ve just had an email telling me that my “timing is immaculate” and I’ve got a build slot in November.

I am confirming it is Nov 22 (not 23) but assuming it is Nov 22 this should mean I take receipt well within the 19 months.

Nuts but at least it’s positive

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I really thought this thread was going to be about production delays owing to supply chain issues with nuts (and maybe bolts?). So much so that I clicked on it yesterday, read it, and then clicked on it again today expecting a supply chain thread.
I was told by my SA here in SoCal that they had allocations taken away from them (temporarily) AND new orders can’t be placed because the wiring harnesses are being made in Ukraine. He did not know whether that has slowed production or completely stopped it for a period. Anybody hear anything similar?
Sponsored