Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
I've sent the final spec for my ST to the dealership (PP511DP1) as he said it's about to lock and I'm at phase 2.

We didn't spec the sunroof as we prefer the aesthetics of the solid flow of colour.

The dealer wrote back to me saying that the sunroof is really, really important for resale value and If they covered £500 of it would we be able to go for it?

I just wondered why they are so concerned about the resale value to the extent they want to contribute £500?
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I've sent the final spec for my ST to the dealership (PP511DP1) as he said it's about to lock and I'm at phase 2.

We didn't spec the sunroof as we prefer the aesthetics of the solid flow of colour.

The dealer wrote back to me saying that the sunroof is really, really important for resale value and If they covered £500 of it would we be able to go for it?

I just wondered why they are so concerned about the resale value to the extent they want to contribute £500?
Do you remember as a kid, those adverts that made it really, really important you drink Capri Sun instead of tap water?...

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think the dealer is just being safe.

If you back out of the purchase (for whatever reasons)... then the dealer is left with a car that has a (presumed) lower value than what he would get (again presumed) should they have to find a different buyer.

Go with what you want. You are buying a car for yourself.

If you like the sunroof, then take advantage of the offer - if not, then stick to your existing order.

Is yours an outright purchase or a PCP?
What colour is your interior?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Maybe the build is al ready locked and with the panoramic roof. I don’t understand why the dealer would worry about your resale value unless it is a leasing with Porsche?

for the ST I agree that no pano could look better, especially in bright colors because the spoiler is color matched and not black.

Don’t forget you can’t put on roof bars without pano roof. If you are never going to transport something on the roof you don’t need it.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
I think the dealer is just being safe.

If you back out of the purchase (for whatever reasons)... then the dealer is left with a car that has a (presumed) lower value than what he would get (again presumed) should they have to find a different buyer.

Go with what you want. You are buying a car for yourself.

If you like the sunroof, then take advantage of the offer - if not, then stick to your existing order.

Is yours an outright purchase or a PCP?
What colour is your interior?
Outright purchase and black.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you mean the VLC roof or standard? I would get them offering £500 off £3,500, but not c50% of the standard sunroof at £1,137.

If it is the VLC, the dealers probably get a bonus for speccing one of the most expensive NEW options outside of the pointless brake options.

Only the gratuitous Burmester sound system is stuck between them all.

That is more likely rather than them being altruistic. Like they care what your resale value will be.

They want a commission, not your friendship.

Porsche wants you to be a free ambassador of the very best the brand has to offer. A gimmick you can show your friends (VLC) where market research shows them you are likely to have friends who can afford the same car.

Wow them with the VLC pano roof... In comes another Taycan order...

Brand marketing cost: £500.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Outright purchase and black.
A black interior may brighten up with a sun roof - so maybe the dealer is just making a genuine suggestion.

I think most buyers go with a sun roof - I recall seeing a poll and it was overwhelming skewed towards having a sunroof. If there are going to be people in the back seats, then it seems to make sense, as it does liven up the cabin.

However, for the dealer to offer £500 is a bit weird - all I can think of is that the dealer is being safe in case you back out of the purchase.

The dealer will easily recover his contribution if he has to sell this to another buyer and having a sunroof almost guarantees that - and I think that is what the dealer is protecting against. A contribution of £500 by the dealer is a relatively small for the risk coverage.

Go with what you like...

Reactions: B61

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
What are others getting by way of incentives with new orders, particularly in the uk? With the long wait lists I haven't found any discounts just a few freebies, all weather mats, boot liner etc.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What are others getting by way of incentives with new orders, particularly in the uk? With the long wait lists I haven't found any discounts just a few freebies, all weather mats, boot liner etc.
So far I a haven't even had a slap on the a$$.

Extremely disappointed.

I no longer feel special or wanted.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Agree with the other posts here go with the solid roof. I certainly have for my 4S ST as I much prefer the aesthetics without it especially with the colour coded spoiler at the rear IMHO the panoramic roof looks out of place.

I am also purchasing outright for myself and have no thoughts on resale value, it is after all being specced for me :)

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
These cars have waiting lists of 18+ months - with or without a sunroof they can sell the car!
Sponsored