PDCC Chassis Faults on Arrival to Dealer?

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My TTS finally arrived at dealership but had a stop sale on arrival. SA said that it was just some QC checks, but now they've discovered that the car has PDCC Chassis Faults and needs to be repaired (I have no idea what that entails) before we can pick up the car.

I live a few hundred miles from the dealership and they've offered to pay for me to fly down to sign the paperwork so they can ship the car up to my local dealer and have it repaired in their service center (or repair it at their own, but delay purchase).

Anyone know what this type of issue is and what the repair involves? Anyone ever heard of this on a brand-new vehicle? Should I be worried that the $226,000.00 car I'm about to buy is already broken?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I don’t have a PDCC issue but I would not complete the sale until all of the issues are resolved to your satisfaction. Last thing you want to do is to pay for it only to have it sit for weeks in the shop of your local dealer.

OP
OP
kloisdad

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I don’t have a PDCC issue but I would not complete the sale until all of the issues are resolved to your satisfaction. Last thing you want to do is to pay for it only to have it sit for weeks in the shop of your local dealer.
Is it a “weeks long” type of repair?

I’m amazed that it sat in Emden for almost 3 full months with this issue, only to pop up now, inches from the finish line.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
It’s a complicated machine. They’ll get it sorted. It takes thousands of complicated parts and systems to make it all work. Even If a $1.00 part need replacing it could take a week or so to receive the part and then more time to replace it. As for payment, over to you, it’ll be fine either way.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Is it a “weeks long” type of repair?

I’m amazed that it sat in Emden for almost 3 full months with this issue, only to pop up now, inches from the finish line.
I’m not. My GTS, after being held in Germany for 5 months, arrived with an A/C fault. Resulting in a further one week delay!