Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ?

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
hi, I am new to the forum and a potential first time Porsche driver. I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on wheels and seats for my CT 4s which I have recently ordered with an expected delivery date of August 2023. I can't make my mind up on these 2 items. Tbh, I don't think the 19inch aero s wheels look that bad and I think that the high tyre wall would give a better comfort ride and longer range. I also think that the 19 inch wheels does not impact the sports handling of the car.

The 20inch wheel I am considering is the Offroad design wheels. How is the ride and range on that?

For the seats, I am not sure of the benefits of the 14 or 18 way adjustable seats given that I will be the only driver driving the car so once I set the seat position, it will likely stay. Are the option seats that much more comfortable than standard seats?

My spec for the car are as follows. Any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ? Taycan spec Screenshot 2022-08-27 120653
Sponsored

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ps. I did ordered the 4+1 seats as I have a 6 year Old who can seat in the middle if needed.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
So the 14 way seats are the same shape and design as the 8 way. But adds lumbar support adjustment and seat base length adjustment. I think really it's taking the risk whether or not you need those to get comfortable. The 18 way is more prominent in thigh bolster and side bolsters, and has adjustment for that. Mostly will let you get more snug. The shoulder shape is different and more prominent and I didn't find that comfortable personally but others like it. 14 v 18 way best to try to sit in both

Re: wheel size, you will be giving up performance and some sportiness with smaller sizes, particularly the 19 inchers. The 19 inch tires are narrower, especially in the front with 225/275 front/rear width . The 20s are 245/285. Some complain that the 19 inchers exacerbate understeer, which makes sense as the fronts are way undertired for the car weight and vs. the rear tire width. I found that the ride on the 20s were great so I don't think it's worth going to 19s just for that reason

Last edited:
OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does the Hankook evo3 ev compare to Michelin pilot sport 4s?

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the 14 way seats are the same shape and design as the 8 way. But adds lumbar support adjustment and seat base length adjustment. I think really it's taking the risk whether or not you need those to get comfortable. The 18 way is more prominent in thigh bolster and side bolsters, and has adjustment for that. Mostly will let you get more snug. The shoulder shape is different and more prominent and I didn't find that comfortable personally but others like it. 14 v 18 way best to try to sit in both

Re: wheel size, you will be giving up performance and some sportiness with smaller sizes, particularly the 19 inchers. The 19 inch tires are narrower, especially in the front with 225/275 front/rear weight. The 20s are 245/285. Some complain that the 19 inchers exacerbate understeer, which makes sense as the fronts are way undertired for the car width and vs. the rear tire width. I found that the ride on the 20s were great so I don't think it's worth going to 19s just for that reason
Thanks for your comments. I didn't know about the potential understeer. Will need to have a rethink.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
hi, I am new to the forum and a potential first time Porsche driver. I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on wheels and seats for my CT 4s which I have recently ordered with an expected delivery date of August 2023. I can't make my mind up on these 2 items. Tbh, I don't think the 19inch aero s wheels look that bad and I think that the high tyre wall would give a better comfort ride and longer range. I also think that the 19 inch wheels does not impact the sports handling of the car.

The 20inch wheel I am considering is the Offroad design wheels. How is the ride and range on that?

For the seats, I am not sure of the benefits of the 14 or 18 way adjustable seats given that I will be the only driver driving the car so once I set the seat position, it will likely stay. Are the option seats that much more comfortable than standard seats?

My spec for the car are as follows. Any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Taycan spec Screenshot 2022-08-27 120653.png
20" wheels (19" look odd due to the tyre profile - too much rubber) if budget permits - Michelin's are great (excellent grip and wear, awesome in winter too). Turbo Aero or Turbo S alloys suit the car. 19" understeer - doubt you'll notice.

14-way seats are perfect and come with electric steering column adjustment and memory package.

Drop the Sport Sound (it is tedious and you will end up switching it off 9 times out of 10).

Sports Chrono - I'd question but some folk view as a 'must have' but no logic to it really. Note that the Drive Mode can be changed easily and directly from the PCM My Home Screen and / or on the Digital Cockpit (left tube) via thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Do you have a need for either of Individual or Sports Plus drive mode - if so then a case could be made. Compass can be added separately but do you really want a 'wart' sat on the top of your dash?

Add black brushed aluminium door treads (free) to keep the black look plus Dashcam pre-wiring (free)

Extended leather (if budget permits).

Accoustic glass I'd drop too - no need for it unless you have a specific use case.

Add Panoramic roof - too dark inside otherwise.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
20" wheels (19" look odd due to the tyre profile - too much rubber) if budget permits - Michelin's are great (excellent grip and wear, awesome in winter too). Turbo Aero or Turbo S alloys suit the car. 19" understeer - doubt you'll notice.

14-way seats are perfect and come with electric steering column adjustment and memory package.

Drop the Sport Sound (it is tedious and you will end up switching it off 9 times out of 10).

Sports Chrono - I'd question but some folk view as a 'must have' but no logic to it really. Note that the Drive Mode can be changed easily and directly from the PCM My Home Screen and / or on the Digital Cockpit (left tube) via thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Do you have a need for either of Individual or Sports Plus drive mode - if so then a case could be made. Compass can be added separately but do you really want a 'wart' sat on the top of your dash?

Add black brushed aluminium door treads (free) to keep the black look plus Dashcam pre-wiring (free)

Extended leather (if budget permits).

Accoustic glass I'd drop too - no need for it unless you have a specific use case.

Add Panoramic roof - too dark inside otherwise.
Thanks for your information.
I am leaning more towards the 20in wheels now but a little unsure on which one. I thought the offroad design shows the brake calipers better.
I am also considering the 14way seats now.
For the sport sound, I am in 2 mind a I am a Star Trek fan so spaceship type of sound I may like.
I am a little confused about the sports Chronos, I thought that the description on the Porsche website suggest that you get additional mode with it.
Will look at the door trim in black. Does that mean you would get the body trim inserts in black also?
I don't see the dashcam pre-wiring as an option in the configurator, I thought it was standard with my23.
Acoustic glass, I thought it would be quieter and better thermo. Also, more secure against breaking.
Panoramic roof, I did specified it but my wife don't like the sun in her eyes. She normally sit in the back with my 6year olds. Plus when we went for a test drive she touched the glass and felt it was warm so she didn't want it. Also, I red quite a few comments of glass cracking on the sunroof which made me worry.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for your information.
I am leaning more towards the 20in wheels now but a little unsure on which one. I thought the offroad design shows the brake calipers better.
I am also considering the 14way seats now.
For the sport sound, I am in 2 mind a I am a Star Trek fan so spaceship type of sound I may like.
I am a little confused about the sports Chronos, I thought that the description on the Porsche website suggest that you get additional mode with it.
Will look at the door trim in black. Does that mean you would get the body trim inserts in black also?
I don't see the dashcam pre-wiring as an option in the configurator, I thought it was standard with my23.
Acoustic glass, I thought it would be quieter and better thermo. Also, more secure against breaking.
Panoramic roof, I did specified it but my wife don't like the sun in her eyes. She normally sit in the back with my 6year olds. Plus when we went for a test drive she touched the glass and felt it was warm so she didn't want it. Also, I red quite a few comments of glass cracking on the sunroof which made me worry.
Personally, Taycan Turbo Aero. Brake calipers aren't worth displaying IMHO.

Roof is excellent and I wouldn't worry about the couple of reported cracks - covered by warranty and whatever has caused the issue will likely be resolved by the time you get your car. Heat transfer is minimal too but with the other glass areas heat build up is noticeable in the summer. Heavily tinted too so I don't see glare being an issue either unless your wife is hyper sensitive to sunlight. Cabin heat can be countered by precooling the car. Insulated glass will help to a degree but marginally and does offer more security as you mention.

Pre-wiring is standard and I think had to be selected regardless but perhaps this has been updated in the configurator now.

We all like Star Trek but this is more Tron. Pointless gimmick IMHO. Divert the funds to subsidise extended leather instead.

Black finish all round might work but this is a personal preference. For me I'd go for contrast and therefore chrome silver window surrounds and silver external diffuser finish. This will be complemented by the wheels.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally, Taycan Turbo Aero. Brake calipers aren't worth displaying IMHO.

Roof is excellent and I wouldn't worry about the couple of reported cracks - covered by warranty and whatever has caused the issue will likely be resolved by the time you get your car. Heat transfer is minimal too but with the other glass areas heat build up is noticeable in the summer. Heavily tinted too so I don't see glare being an issue either unless your wife is hyper sensitive to sunlight. Cabin heat can be countered by precooling the car. Insulated glass will help to a degree but marginally and does offer more security as you mention.

Pre-wiring is standard and I think had to be selected regardless but perhaps this has been updated in the configurator now.

We all like Star Trek but this is more Tron. Pointless gimmick IMHO. Divert the funds to subsidise extended leather instead.

Black finish all round might work but this is a personal preference. For me I'd go for contrast and therefore chrome silver window surrounds and silver external diffuser finish. This will be complemented by the wheels.
Thanks. I will take a look at the wheels again.
Will discuss roof with other half again.
I will look for videos of the sound and see if I like it.
I also like the idea of the contrast between black and silver.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I will take a look at the wheels again.
Will discuss roof with other half again.
I will look for videos of the sound and see if I like it.
I also like the idea of the contrast between black and silver.
Any thoughts on RWS and PTV+?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Any thoughts on RWS and PTV+?
Rear Axle Steer (RAS) with PSP is a must have. PTV+ for day to day driving is really not needed and unlikely to get the benefit. If you like to press on on country roads then I'd tell you something different but even then I'd hesitate as the 4S is already awesome.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just wanted to add that I love the double pane glass -- silence and less heat :) Also, the panoramic roof is so nice when sitting in the back; lots of sun and hot days here this summer, but the tinting is excellent and was no problem at all. IMHO. Really gives a free and open feeling.

(Btw color wise, you may want to try to see volcano metallic grey in person; it's very blackish and you may like it more than black. -- note the volcano grey is all wrong in the configurator)

Last edited:

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sports Chrono - I'd question but some folk view as a 'must have' but no logic to it really. Note that the Drive Mode can be changed easily and directly from the PCM My Home Screen and / or on the Digital Cockpit (left tube) via thumb wheel on the steering wheel. Do you have a need for either of Individual or Sports Plus drive mode - if so then a case could be made.
I have sports chrono and like the steering wheel button, but even though the Porsche clock on the dash may be iconic, I now think the dash would look better without it... something to consider. Not sure how it affects resale value though :confused:

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have sports chrono and like the steering wheel button, but even though the Porsche clock on the dash may be iconic, I now think the dash would look better without it... something to consider. Not sure how it affects resale value though :confused:
I am getting the car on a salary sacrifice scheme so effectively leasing it for 4years hence not particularly bothered about resale value. Do you still get all the drive modes like sports plus and individual without sports chrono?
Sponsored