Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Australia has finally started taking orders for the Taycan....
I’ve submitted my 4S code and paid the full deposit. Porsche Australia have advised delivery is anticipated in December 2020.
I’m keen to hear how the 4S is performing and I’d appreciate advice on whether others have purchased the ‘Performance Battery Plus’, the ‘Torque Vectoring Plus’, the Dynamic Chassis Control or the Rear Axle Steering....?
Are there members of the forum from Australia?
Many thx
Mike

Porsche Taycan Australian Taycans 086656EA-0AB5-43A7-B005-153FC08364F0
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Australia has finally started taking orders for the Taycan....
I’ve submitted my 4S code and paid the full deposit. Porsche Australia have advised delivery is anticipated in December 2020.
I’m keen to hear how the 4S is performing and I’d appreciate advice on whether others have purchased the ‘Performance Battery Plus’, the ‘Torque Vectoring Plus’, the Dynamic Chassis Control or the Rear Axle Steering....?
Are there members of the forum from Australia?
Many thx
Mike

086656EA-0AB5-43A7-B005-153FC08364F0.jpeg
Not from Australia but..

The 4S is fantastic! More than fast enough for any & all use.

Performance Battery + is going to give you a significant bump in range and a nice bump in power. If you just plan on using it as a city daily driver you probably don't need it, but any trips and you want it.

Rear axle steering is just a fantastic option for the money and makes the car very noticeably more nimble at lower speeds and a bit more stable at high speeds. Equally benefical for perforomance use or navigating a parking lot.

PDCC is unnecessary IMO, it is of more benefit in cars with high centers of gravity.

PTV+ is on every higher performance model car that Porsche makes, so I like getting it. You're really closing the performance gap on the Turbo & Turbo S (save for 0-60 times) by speccing it. With that said.. the performance of this car is already sky high so you may never actually notice it. It's nice for snow use but I'm guessing that won't apply to you.

OP
OP
Mission_E

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not from Australia but..

The 4S is fantastic! More than fast enough for any & all use.

Performance Battery + is going to give you a significant bump in range and a nice bump in power. If you just plan on using it as a city daily driver you probably don't need it, but any trips and you want it.

Rear axle steering is just a fantastic option for the money and makes the car very noticeably more nimble at lower speeds and a bit more stable at high speeds. Equally benefical for perforomance use or navigating a parking lot.

PDCC is unnecessary IMO, it is of more benefit in cars with high centers of gravity.

PTV+ is on every higher performance model car that Porsche makes, so I like getting it. You're really closing the performance gap on the Turbo & Turbo S (save for 0-60 times) by speccing it. With that said.. the performance of this car is already sky high so you may never actually notice it. It's nice for snow use but I'm guessing that won't apply to you.
Thx Frank....much appreciated.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Mike,
  • Performance battery plus: A must, in my opinion. You'll have less charging anxiety.
  • TV, DCC: Don't know.
  • Rear axle steering: I don't have it, but from reading what other people wrote, I'd probably buy it the next time.
In addition:
  • Heat pump: Big difference in challenging climates.
  • Panorama roof: It looks great.
  • Ambient lighting in the interior: Neat, cheap and great colour light effect.
  • Something better than the baseline stereo: I only bought the base stereo system and it is okay, but not good enough, in my opinion.
  • Make sure you buy wheels you really like.
Cheers,
Henrik

OP
OP
Mission_E

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello Mike,

• Performance battery plus: A must, in my opinion. You'll have less charging anxiety.
  • TV, DCC: Don't know.
  • Rear axle steering: I don't have it, but from reading what other people wrote, I'd probably buy it the next time.
In addition:
  • Heat pump: Big difference in challenging climates.
  • Panorama roof: It looks great.
  • Ambient lighting in the interior: Neat, cheap and great colour light effect.
  • Something better than the baseline stereo: I only bought the base stereo system and it is okay, but not good enough, in my opinion.
  • Make sure you buy wheels you really like.
Cheers,
Henrik
Great feedback....certainly appreciate the addtional tips re ambient lighting, wheels and stereo. Thx Henrik
Sponsored