Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I purchased the Launch Edition of the Taycan Turbo and believe I may have been slighted by either my dealer or Porsche. Two things: 1. When I saw the car there were 2 soft sided bags in the rear trunk. When i picked the car. They were gone. The dealer said they were ‘covers’ for unveiling the car. But i saw a video which the person showing the car said they were Porsche luggage. I am in the US and the other was in the UK. 2. For some reason, the no-cost 25 ft extension cord, a no-cost option on new Taycans, was not included in the specs. Now the dealer wants $1,000. For the extension which i do need.
Appreciate any help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Yes. Especially when it is a no-cost option on all Porsche Taycans.. thanks.

K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
I purchased the Launch Edition of the Taycan Turbo and believe I may have been slighted by either my dealer or Porsche. Two things: 1. When I saw the car there were 2 soft sided bags in the rear trunk. When i picked the car. They were gone. The dealer said they were ‘covers’ for unveiling the car. But i saw a video which the person showing the car said they were Porsche luggage. I am in the US and the other was in the UK. 2. For some reason, the no-cost 25 ft extension cord, a no-cost option on new Taycans, was not included in the specs. Now the dealer wants $1,000. For the extension which i do need.
Appreciate any help.
Yep I had the same, launch edition Turbo S, I think my cable was $800. I had a previous cable for my Panamera Hybrid but they changed the socket housing slightly between the chargers so you have to get a new one!!!

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Yep I had the same, launch edition Turbo S, I think my cable was $800. I had a previous cable for my Panamera Hybrid but they changed the socket housing slightly between the chargers so you have to get a new one!!!
Thanks. I am asking Porsche to provide it ‘gratis’. How about the so- called luggage? Or was it only the unveiling cover. Much appreciated.

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
I got the short cable with mine as well, no luggage. I had a second charger included as an add on with my purchase deal.

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I got the short cable with mine as well, no luggage. I had a second charger included as an add on with my purchase deal.
Thanks. Were. you charged separately for the 25 foot extra cable or ??

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
JohnC,
Did the build sheet for your car include option NW2, Mobile Charger Connect? That was shipped with the car and was in the soft sided pouch you saw. Your dealer is BSing you.

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
JohnC,
Did the build sheet for your car include option NW2, Mobile Charger Connect? That was shipped with the car and was in the soft sided pouch you saw. Your dealer is BSing you.
Thanks. I will check build sheet. The soft- sided pouch included the cable, correct?

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
Thanks. Were. you charged separately for the 25 foot extra cable or ??
I arranged a second charger as part of the deal as I have 2 properties. I can deal with the short on at one of them, and have the 25ft at the other.