Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!!

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
First electric car and cannot wait! Dealer called and gave me a May build slot with hopefully a June delivery.

Only issue is with it being lockdown here in the UK I won't be able to go to the showroom and see the specs, I'm going by the limited pictures/videos on the web. Build has to be confirmed before the 12th April so can't confirm after lockdown so any help would be grateful.

Hours of tinkering... here's the spec - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMBF85A8

Jet Black Metallic
Extended Leather
Pano roof
Black roof rails
Folding mirrors
Gloss black window trim
Gloss black exterior inlays
Electric sport sound
Sports Chrono
Power steering plus
InnoDrive
21" Cross turismo wheels in Satin Black
Privacy glass
4+1 seats
Ioniser
Ambient Lighting
Porsche crest on headrest
Door sills in brushed black aluminium
Passenger Display
Bose
Electric port cover
DC 150KW
Public cable

Any options I'm looking past that are must haves or anything I've listed you would avoid?

One option that keeps bugging me is the seats, I've gone for the standard 8 way. Anyone else spec this and have any regrets or any feedback on how they are on the Taycan? Also do they have a manual seat extension? Just can't justify the extra 1k odd for the 14 or 18 way ones.

Another one was the satin vs glossy black wheels. Went with the satin as there are matt bits which go together with the wheels, personal taste I guess.

UPDATE: Thanks for the comments. Changes made:
- Added 14 way seats
- Added massage & ventilated seats
- Added Adaptive Cruise Control
- Removed InnoDrive (Apparently you can get this through functions on demand (FOD) after for a monthly fee for £18 a month)

Well here she is.....

Porsche Taycan Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!! iris

EDIT:

A couple of pick up pics. More to posted soon...
Porsche Taycan Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!! IMG_1289

Porsche Taycan Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!! IMG_1285

Last edited:

hooneyrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Caterham 420S, 2018 Discovery 3.0.
Country flag
Looks really good, love the black wheels. I went out for a 20 mile trip in my TurboS today, enjoyed putting it through some corners :)

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks really good, love the black wheels. I went out for a 20 mile trip in my TurboS today, enjoyed putting it through some corners :)
Thanks mate. Haha I bet you did!! I'd get myself into a lot of trouble with all that Turbo S power :giggle:

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Nice build! I really like black exterior on this car. I would also get Comfort Access if it is not included in your build. Do you drive on dark roads? I would include matrix light, night vision and HUD, but ofcourse the price jumps a bit then.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
First electric car and cannot wait! Dealer called and gave me a May build slot with hopefully a June delivery.

Only issue is with it being lockdown here in the UK I won't be able to go to the showroom and see the specs, I'm going by the limited pictures/videos on the web. Build has to be confirmed before the 12th April so can't confirm after lockdown so any help would be grateful.

Hours of tinkering... here's the spec - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMBF85A8

Jet Black Metallic
Extended Leather
Pano roof
Black roof rails
Folding mirrors
Gloss black window trim
Gloss black exterior inlays
Electric sport sound
Sports Chrono
Power steering plus
InnoDrive
21" Cross turismo wheels in Satin Black
Privacy glass
4+1 seats
Ioniser
Ambient Lighting
Porsche crest on headrest
Door sills in brushed black aluminium
Passenger Display
Bose
Electric port cover
DC 150KW
Public cable

Any options I'm looking past that are must haves or anything I've listed you would avoid?

One option that keeps bugging me is the seats, I've gone for the standard 8 way. Anyone else spec this and have any regrets or any feedback on how they are on the Taycan? Also do they have a manual seat extension? Just can't justify the extra 1k odd for the 14 or 18 way ones.

Another one was the satin vs glossy black wheels. Went with the satin as there are matt bits which go together with the wheels, personal taste I guess.

Well here she is.....

iris.jpg
Nice build!

I'm really fussy with my seating position especially under thigh and lumbar support, so whilst I wanted to stick with the standard seats.... I went with 14 way after trying them out in the showroom.

Regarding the wheels, I think satin suits the Cross Turismo wheels better. With the gloss black, it's so shiny that you can't really see the design of the wheel (compared to the satin finish). But either way, if you don't like the colour or finish then it's pretty easy to change if you go to a good wheel refurbishment place.

I went with Satin Aurum. Not to everyone's taste, but my dealership already told me they would change it to satin black for me if I don't like it when I get it.

Also, you should try the aurum on the configurator with the black exterior. Looks awesome! ???

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Looks great, love the wheels, wish they were an option for the taycan! Still not sure about all the plastic, hated that on the taycan.

The sample picture on the build has the plastics very muted.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice build! I really like black exterior on this car. I would also get Comfort Access if it is not included in your build. Do you drive on dark roads? I would include matrix light, night vision and HUD, but ofcourse the price jumps a bit then.
I looked at those option but then it does start becoming a bit more steep. Comfort access was right after the seats!

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice build!

I'm really fussy with my seating position especially under thigh and lumbar support, so whilst I wanted to stick with the standard seats.... I went with 14 way after trying them out in the showroom.

Regarding the wheels, I think satin suits the Cross Turismo wheels better. With the gloss black, it's so shiny that you can't really see the design of the wheel (compared to the satin finish). But either way, if you don't like the colour or finish then it's pretty easy to change if you go to a good wheel refurbishment place.

I went with Satin Aurum. Not to everyone's taste, but my dealership already told me they would change it to satin black for me if I don't like it when I get it.

Also, you should try the aurum on the configurator with the black exterior. Looks awesome! ???
Your DP does look incredible! When's yours arriving?

Yeah with the seats the only thing I'd want is the under thigh support, do you know if the 8 way has a manual extender?

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great, love the wheels, wish they were an option for the taycan! Still not sure about all the plastic, hated that on the taycan.

The sample picture on the build has the plastics very muted.
Yeah it was one of my main issues with the car, but its body work so can be sprayed/replaced if it look horrible.

There is another thread which mentions Porsche have confirmed that you can order CT Turbo S wheel archs (which are glossy black similar to pic below) and have them retrofitted.

Porsche Taycan Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!! yvtte5w3wro61

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Somehow the porsche code does not open for me. Did you go with black leather interior? I took the ventilated/massage seat option, so the 14-way seats were mandatory. The 14-way seats seemed nice in a demo car at the dealership. I probably wouldn't feel much difference in these (8-way vs 14-way), either way the seats are nicer that in any car I've had before.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Somehow the porsche code does not open for me. Did you go with black leather interior? I took the ventilated/massage seat option, so the 14-way seats were mandatory. The 14-way seats seemed nice in a demo car at the dealership. I probably wouldn't feel much difference in these (8-way vs 14-way), either way the seats are nicer that in any car I've had before.
Odd clicked the link and it still works..

Thanks for the input. Yeah went full black leather. Gave a thought to the massage seats too, something to help pass the time when charging, but again would then mean also upgrading the seat aswell so became too costly.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Your DP does look incredible! When's yours arriving?

Yeah with the seats the only thing I'd want is the under thigh support, do you know if the 8 way has a manual extender?
My delivery date is 9th July! Can't wait.
There's no option of manual under thigh support on the standard seats.... Unlike BMWs!
I thought long and hard about the 14 way seats and decided to go with them since I'll be sitting on them every single day so comfort is important.

My build is PM9FEV84

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
:CWL: I can see that but I've seen a few blacked out estates and its not really given me that vibe in the flesh
Love it! My order is similar, but Chalk. Trying to match up all the black bits on the exterior is a guessing game. I did the same as you, except didn't go with the glossy window frames. I figured the base frames would match the aluminum rails. Any insight on that?

Porsche Taycan Cherry popped! Just ordered my 4S Cross Turismo!! EDIT: Car Delivered!!! iris-4
Sponsored