WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
It looks awesome. I just love the Gentian blue (my favorite color)
The grey is an awesome combo. I went for chalk beige which is contrasting as well.
Love the license plate.
Have fun with your beautiful car!
Sponsored

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Thanks All.

Yes this is a slate grey full leather interior (Turbo trim). I was nervous because I hadn't seen anything other than a swatch, but I needn't have been. It's certainly the colour I thought it would be and as a few have said (thanks @f1eng @MrBlueSky @WuffvonTrips @WarryBhite ), it does look ace. I have got myself a set of winter mats for it though :giggle:

Chilly car this morning ;)

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! D624877A-221F-420D-9E12-48A1055ED7AE_1_105_c

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! IMG_4970

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
See link in the first post- I think if you click it you'll get the UK configurator view rather than the US one.
It looks lighter than yours BUT if you click the background switch so there's no rendered landscape, the grey goes quite a bit darker. The GB landscape differs from the US one so that might account for the variation. Perhaps the interior colour/shade rendering is fairly accurate, but if we were to see it first hand in real life our brains might to a certain extent balance out the variation due to different lighting conditions.
EDIT- just to try and explain my point about lighting:
The rendering is (probably correctly) very sensitive to the virtual ambient lighting conditions.
In real life, we don't notice the variation as much because our vision is directly experiencing the ambient lighting, so our brain is compensating somewhat for it, whereas none of that applies when we're just looking at a flat rendering that occupies a relatively small portion of our field of view. (Similarly, we're less aware of colour changes due to ambient lighting conditions in real life).
Yea, our brains definitely do not process colors and shades objectively. For example, most people would not believe that both squares A and B below the exact same color/shade/brightness (if you however don't believe it, print it out, cut out the squares and compare them right next to each other, or take a piece of thick paper that blocks your screen well, then make two holes where the two squares are and see that they are in fact the same).

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! 1671010516501

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yea, our brains definitely do not process colors and shades objectively. For example, most people would not believe that both squares A and B below the exact same color/shade/brightness (if you however don't believe it, print it out, cut out the squares and compare them right next to each other, or take a piece of thick paper that blocks your screen well, then make two holes where the two squares are and see that they are in fact the same).
I believed you, but my brain still tells me otherwise even after I took the easy option of copying image in to MS Paint then sampled one of the squares to fill another to prove they're identical.
It certainly shows how risky it is to have to make choices based only on images, whether renders or photos.
Re. the specific case of Porsche's Slate Grey, I must admit that, regardless of the images I'd seen, my mental image of it was coloured (pun not intentional) by my expectation that slate is a very dark grey, so I'd ruled it out on the incorrect assumption that it wasn't much different from black.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Certainly lower! Hence I didn’t want an SUV 😉

0261E793-701F-49A1-8A50-28A25828AD6B.jpeg
I like your parking assistance toadstools, I suppose they scream if you get too close.
BTW it's nice to see another debadged Turbo, makes me feel less eccentric in my choice.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like your parking assistance toadstools, I suppose they scream if you get too close.
BTW it's nice to see another debadged Turbo, makes me feel less eccentric in my choice.
Yeah they're a good help :giggle:

I'm with you. I haven't bought this car to show others it's a Turbo, for the fulfilment of my ego or to win races: it's for me to drive and enjoy! I think the smooth look makes the car look much better and a little bit of me dislikes the fact an EV is called a 'Turbo', too ;)

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
Great build. I ordered mine with the turbo aero s 20" wheels for comfort and road hazard issues here but have had multiple second thoughts. Are you pleased with your decision?

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great build. I ordered mine with the turbo aero s 20" wheels for comfort and road hazard issues here but have had multiple second thoughts. Are you pleased with your decision?
I’m really pleased at the moment! Went to a farm shop today with a potholed car park and it struck home that we often visit places like that, another bonus for 20’s.

I may get one of my sets painted in one colour, more for some variety than anything else.

At the end of the day too, I can always buy a set of 21” wheels if I want 🤷🏼 but in person they look great, imo

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Added a couple more pics of the doors/interior colour to the 1st post as I know how hard it was to find decent pictures online when I looked for them when choosing it. A bit of a clean today to get the salt off, was going well until the temperature dropped below zero and the last few drops I was wiping off started to freeze!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! CE81829A-2E3B-4A46-9935-26C6726A61E7

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! 894EF606-C6EF-4627-AA63-4CA4E18D7F93

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! BED31104-3610-42FF-A4F1-5C0F551702A8

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! 29027C59-1E01-4B67-8ECA-44DF0DCCE4DA

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
C19DF45A-1E13-4F6C-B551-F1B032471A60.jpeg

Just to add to this thread. This is what I take in my car 2-3 and sometimes 4x a week. Plus a wife and 2 kids. Who said the Taycan wasn’t practical?
Not me!
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! 075CF594-3385-4146-B30C-98528AF04181
Sponsored