javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE55, Cupra Formentor VZ5
Country flag
I find myself in an unexpected situation. So initially, I had order a Volcano Grey GTS Sport Turismo ordered back in August last year and about 4 weeks ago I was hit by a further 2 month delay on to the originally expected March 2024 delivery.

So, I thought, I’ll take a long shot and see what my dealer has in stock across their 4 sites and low and behold there is a beautiful Neptune Blue GTS ST with all of my desired options plus a few more. But what was even better was the £13k discount the dealer was prepared to give me if I changed my order. Not only that but I could also avoid the MY24 price increases.

Now, I almost thought it was too good to be true, as Porsche don’t do discounts, so what was wrong with it? Had it been pre-registered? No, it's still unregistered and turned up on Thursday last week. Any mileage?? No it has 3 miles on the cloc, essentially delivery mileage. It turns out the original customer cancelled the order when it was on the ship coming to the UK and I just called at the right time.

So, I’m taking delivery this week and I almost can’t believe it. I’m pinching myself a little if I’m honest.

Full spec:
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (MY23)
- Neptune Blue
- Two-Tone Club Leather Interior Olea, Basalt Black/Atacama Beige
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black
- SportDesign Package Carbon
- Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
- Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) with Brake Calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Ioniser
- Ambient Lighting
- 4+1 Seats
- Seat Heating (front and rear)
- Seat Ventilation (front)
- Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone)
- Steering Wheel Rim Leather incl. Steering Wheel Heating
- Seat belts Atacama Beige
- Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Outer Rear Seats)
- Reversible Luggage Compartment Mat with Race-Tex Edging incl. Loading Edge Protection
- Passenger Display
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Electric Charging Cover
- 150kW on-board DC-DC converter
- Colour Selection Stitching
- Interior Trim Package with decorative Stitching in contrasting Colour (i.c.w. Leather Interior)
- LED Matrix Main Headlights Glacier Iceblue including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Light Strip with 'PORSCHE' Logo Glacier Iceblue
- Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
- Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control
- Head-Up Display
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Remote ParkAssist with Lane Change Assist
- Night Vision Assist
- Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist
- Comfort Access
- Preparation for Porsche dash cam

Configuration code: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR47HQQ0

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I find myself in an unexpected situation. So initially, I had order a Volcano Grey GTS Sport Turismo ordered back in August last year and about 4 weeks ago I was hit by a further 2 month delay on to the originally expected March 2024 delivery.

So, I thought, I’ll take a long shot and see what my dealer has in stock across their 4 sites and low and behold there is a beautiful Neptune Blue GTS ST with all of my desired options plus a few more. But what was even better was the £13k discount the dealer was prepared to give me if I changed my order. Not only that but I could also avoid the MY24 price increases.

Now, I almost thought it was too good to be true, as Porsche don’t do discounts, so what was wrong with it? Had it been pre-registered? No, it's still unregistered and turned up on Thursday last week. Any mileage?? No it has 3 miles on the cloc, essentially delivery mileage. It turns out the original customer cancelled the order when it was on the ship coming to the UK and I just called at the right time.

So, I’m taking delivery this week and I almost can’t believe it. I’m pinching myself a little if I’m honest.

Full spec:
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (MY23)
- Neptune Blue
- Two-Tone Club Leather Interior Olea, Basalt Black/Atacama Beige
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black
- SportDesign Package Carbon
- Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
- Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) with Brake Calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Ioniser
- Ambient Lighting
- 4+1 Seats
- Seat Heating (front and rear)
- Seat Ventilation (front)
- Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone)
- Steering Wheel Rim Leather incl. Steering Wheel Heating
- Seat belts Atacama Beige
- Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Outer Rear Seats)
- Reversible Luggage Compartment Mat with Race-Tex Edging incl. Loading Edge Protection
- Passenger Display
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Electric Charging Cover
- 150kW on-board DC-DC converter
- Colour Selection Stitching
- Interior Trim Package with decorative Stitching in contrasting Colour (i.c.w. Leather Interior)
- LED Matrix Main Headlights Glacier Iceblue including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Light Strip with 'PORSCHE' Logo Glacier Iceblue
- Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
- Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control
- Head-Up Display
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Remote ParkAssist with Lane Change Assist
- Night Vision Assist
- Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist
- Comfort Access
- Preparation for Porsche dash cam

All that at a bargain price 😁and the best colour 😍

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
That decision was a good one. I'm finding it hard to come up with an option they left off and the switch to Neptune Blue should make you quite happy. I think the lighter color accents the car's lines better. Plus you are in the car now. Congratulations on the car and on a bit of good luck.

javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That decision was a good one. I'm finding it hard to come up with an option they left off and the switch to Neptune Blue should make you quite happy. I think the lighter color accents the car's lines better. Plus you are in the car now. Congratulations on the car and on a bit of good luck.
It’s funny how things work out. I never even considered it before, just went with the dark grey/black I always do. But now I can’t understand why bad having looked at some photos of other members cars in this thread, they look stunning, and completely agree with you.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
It’s funny how things work out. I never even considered it before, just went with the dark grey/black I always do. But now I can’t understand why bad having looked at some photos of other members cars in this thread, they look stunning, and completely agree with you.
I got an allocation in October 2022. At that time there wasn't any inventory to look at. Some white and black used cars was about it. Looking at a Cayman isn't the same for evaluating a color on a Taycan. 911? Similar lines but different colors mostly. I looked at the paint samples at the dealer and on the configurator endlessly. Changed my mind hourly. When the time to lock the build it was Neptune Blue. The color exceeded my expectations when I saw it "in the flesh". Changes subtly in different lighting and always makes me smile. Plus the car is stupidly fun to drive. Hope you enjoy every second with yours.

javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got an allocation in October 2022. At that time there wasn't any inventory to look at. Some white and black used cars was about it. Looking at a Cayman isn't the same for evaluating a color on a Taycan. 911? Similar lines but different colors mostly. I looked at the paint samples at the dealer and on the configurator endlessly. Changed my mind hourly. When the time to lock the build it was Neptune Blue. The color exceeded my expectations when I saw it "in the flesh". Changes subtly in different lighting and always makes me smile. Plus the car is stupidly fun to drive. Hope you enjoy every second with yours.
Thank you, and I totally agree. When I went to the local dealer, they had a white turbo, a gentian blue CT4S and a volcano grey ST GTS and because it was my go to colour I think I convinced myself without considering any others to be honest.
Then just this weekend after taking the dealers offer I saw a Neptune Blue in a car park in London and I couldn’t help but take a little closer look. Thankfully the owner didn’t come out as I totally would have looked as if I was trying to steal it. But it was beautiful and I can’t wait for Thursday.

I agree the configurator doesn’t do it justice at all and I’ve seen what you mean by different lighting, you can see it in photos online. It looks like various shades of blue and I love it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This poor guy parked all by itself, far, far away from all the other cars in the lot in Santa Maria, CA.

Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_5506

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
nice car. nice solar array.. .what is that, about 40 panels? 16kW system or so? that yours or a commercial install? that's a lot o power for a house. nice.
Sponsored