WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not a great quality photo despite post-tweaking, but an iconic location...

Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery SilverstoneF1pits anon edit

(Confession- this was a staged photo-opp visit to the pits while waiting for my 2 similar vehicles from the Porsche SEC to cool and charge between track sessions- the most stress I subjected my own car to was putting the helmets on the pano roof! I wouldn't risk it on a track, even without yesterday's additional challenge of navigating a concurrent Supercar Experience which meant people driving 3 laps in unfamiliar Astons, Ferraris and McLarens).
Sponsored

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
A Sunday drive along the North Shore of Lake Superior. Six hundred foot lake freighter for scale.
1696863019679.png
How plentiful are the charging options around Duluth? Will be (finally) leaving TX next spring to move back to the Twin Cities. Love weekend get aways to the North Shore, but wondering if I will need to stick to my PHEV for them.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
How plentiful are the charging options around Duluth? Will be (finally) leaving TX next spring to move back to the Twin Cities. Love weekend get aways to the North Shore, but wondering if I will need to stick to my PHEV for them.
High speed in Northern Minnesota is 50KW right now. There are a couple of stations in the immediate area. I'm working on/with the local utility trying to get them to set their minimum for "high speed" to 150KW as they roll out charging in the region using the federal funds. There are a fair number of hotels with charging.

For day trips from Duluth to the Twin Cities, there's a nice little 90/180KW station just north of the Twin Cities in Pine City. We're volunteering at the Minnesota Robotics Invitational – FireBears this weekend so I think we'll top off the battery there as we're heading down and again on the way home.

There are exactly two EA stations in the state, one east of the Twin Cities and the other in Albert Lee close to Iowa on I-35. (Both generally worthless to us.) As part of our first drive, we visited the EA station east of the Twin Cities. Plug and charge didn't work, but we got 120KW on a 350KW charger with a 78% charged 85 degree battery. A gentleman who was helping out there (might have been a Walmart employee) said 120KW was the fastest he'd seen on Saturday.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Skiing today in Western Massachusetts.
(And don't worry about the skis placed against the car -- that was for only several seconds, and they're nordic / cross country skis, so no metal edges, just a harmless plastic base.)

Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery IMG_3240

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Skiing today in Western Massachusetts.
(And don't worry about the skis placed against the car -- that was for only several seconds, and they're nordic / cross country skis, so no metal edges, just a harmless plastic base.)

IMG_3240.jpg
Beautiful shot. Angry reaction because we've got a long way to go over here.. :confused:

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
No need for any skiing FOMO as all our early-season snow quickly disappears.
But the skiing was still quite nice the following morning, although melting rapidly, as shown in this picture (with better conditions higher up, and quite a bit higher, as this golf course felt more like a small downhill ski area).

Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery IMG_3253

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Special location for me at Stratton today because of an exchange with a friend a few years ago in the spring…

I told him then that since Stratton was closed for the season, when we go there to skin up, we can park in the parking garage.
And not just the lower deck, but The UPPER Deck.
He replied, “Is that where during the ski season you can park only if you have a Porsche SUV?”

Sure enough, he parked there a few days later next to a Macan.

When I picked him up a week ago in my CT for a hike, he immediately remarked, “I didn’t know you were going through a midlife crisis?”

(BTW, both he and his wife are physicians. His wife has an A4 Allroad and he could afford any sort of Taycan. But that’s the prevailing sentiment where we live.)

Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery IMG_3281

Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery IMG_3291

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Location! Location! Location!  Post Artistic Photos of Your Taycan with Scenery IMG_5727.JPG

A few years back, in the midtown corridor of Cleveland, Ohio USA, they added murals to try and spruce up the area. I've used a few as backgrounds for photos. Here is a recent photo taken after window tint of my used (but new to me) '21 T4CT -- enjoy!