Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The app battery range and the car battery range often times dont line up - for instance , this morning app showed 245 (on charger), when I got in it showed about 212. Drove about a mile , went down to 192. It was was 37 degrees outside.

The Bose system is average, I’m not an audiophile but do enjoy good sound.
Great write-up. I have a couple of tips for you just in case you are not already aware...

1. Use a timer with pre-heat turned on for your departure time on cold mornings (making sure the car is plugged in). That will warm the car and ensure you have the desired amount of battery. Your projected range will be rock solid after that (won't consume any battery warming itself up).

2. Go into the Bose settings and turn on surround mode. That makes the Bose sound much better to my ears. I also put the bass up to 7 and treble up to 4 but that's personal preference for the type of music I usually listen to. Those settings can make a huge difference in the overall sound of the Bose system.

Enjoy the hell out of your car, it's an incredible machine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Great write-up. I have a couple of tips for you just in case you are not already aware...

1. Use a timer with pre-heat turned on for your departure time on cold mornings (making sure the car is plugged in). That will warm the car and ensure you have the desired amount of battery. Your projected range will be rock solid after that (won't consume any battery warming itself up).

2. Go into the Bose settings and turn on surround mode. That makes the Bose sound much better to my ears. I also put the bass up to 7 and treble up to 4 but that's personal preference for the type of music I usually listen to. Those settings can make a huge difference in the overall sound of the Bose system.

Enjoy the hell out of your car, it's an incredible machine.
Thank you , I do use the heater from the app - does this qualify ? Or do I need to “precondition” the battery ?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thank you , I do use the heater from the app - does this qualify ? Or do I need to “precondition” the battery ?
Using the timer to complete the charge and heating will naturally pre-heat the battery due to the charging process. That's where most of the energy is wasted on cold mornings.
Sponsored