Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Upgraded my 2013 Tesla Model S to a 2022 Taycan GTS about a month ago and wanted to share my thoughts. Before buying the Taycan I test drove a new Model S and a Lucid Air Touring. The new Model S, though the least expensive of the three, and quite fast, skimped on the interior with faux/vegan leather and other plastics. The driving experience was fine, but definitely not exciting. The Lucid was, I think, reasonably priced with an excellent interior. The use of space in the Lucid is fantastic and the car handles very well for a luxury sedan. The Porsche is obviously the sportiest of the three, and the most expensive, though I bought mine pre-owned and let someone else endure the initial depreciation.

* Handling and performance - Oh. My. Goodness! With the optional rear-axle steering the car turns like nothing I've ever driven before.
* Quality - This kicks the crap out of Tesla. The Porsche interior is top quality, bested only by Bentley and equal to the Italian exotics.
* Everything else - The performance-to-range ratio is excellent. No trouble charging. Love the styling.

Dislikes
* Spoiled by options - Not sure I can ever go back to a lesser car. My car has the aforementioned rear-axle steering, electro-chromatic roof, and Burmester sound, so I'm locked in to those options forever now. $$$ :(
* Software - This car is not a Tesla or Lucid when it comes to software. I'd love to see faster startup, walk-away door lock, and other updates to the UI, but get the feeling that happens at a much slower pace, which is unfortunate.

I've made two "upgrades" to the car: I added the Nine Volt MagSafe charger to the front cupholder (link here). The Porsche wireless charger in the center console is unusable and this provides an easy drop-in solution. It was simple to install and works great. 5-stars. I also added the FitCamX dashcam (link here). The installation is by far the cleanest I've seen - essentially invisible. Installation was perhaps a 4 out of 10 difficulty. I was careful not to break anything, so it took maybe an hour, which was totally reasonable. No problems so far.

Love the car. Really enjoy this community. And look forward to many years of happy Porsche driving!

- Mark

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - My one month review Taycan1
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FitCamX works great for me. Installation was not easy, but doable for someone with no prior experience with these things. After leaving my car at the dealer for a few days, got to download some files to see how they handle her when I'm not around...

JoshuaEven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 GTS
Country flag
Nice write-up! I'm just shy of two months with my GTS, also coming from a Model S. I agree with everything you said, the car is a pleasure to drive (and sit in, and wash, and look at), and the little issues are fine.. I've gotten used to the character of the car.
We still have our Model S (traded in our other car, a Model 3, and passed the S to my wife who hardly ever drives), and the differences are so much more dramatic when driving these two back to back. The S is a boat compared to the GTS.

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
I find the Model 3's handling closer to the Taycan than the S. Having said that, I still can't believe how fantastic the Taycan is to drive compared to the Teslas. I still have a grin on my face every day after 3 weeks. I think I'll go out for a drive now.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Gorgeous car! Congrats! I thought of going all stealth at one point, but clearly went the other way. Interestingly I have never been sure I've felt the RWS. I had a 4S without it. Yet, the GTS I have has RWS and honestly it is nimble. Maybe it actually does something? Seriously.. thanks for sharing.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Upgraded my 2013 Tesla Model S to a 2022 Taycan GTS about a month ago and wanted to share my thoughts. Before buying the Taycan I test drove a new Model S and a Lucid Air Touring. The new Model S, though the least expensive of the three, and quite fast, skimped on the interior with faux/vegan leather and other plastics. The driving experience was fine, but definitely not exciting. The Lucid was, I think, reasonably priced with an excellent interior. The use of space in the Lucid is fantastic and the car handles very well for a luxury sedan. The Porsche is obviously the sportiest of the three, and the most expensive, though I bought mine pre-owned and let someone else endure the initial depreciation.

* Handling and performance - Oh. My. Goodness! With the optional rear-axle steering the car turns like nothing I've ever driven before.
* Quality - This kicks the crap out of Tesla. The Porsche interior is top quality, bested only by Bentley and equal to the Italian exotics.
* Everything else - The performance-to-range ratio is excellent. No trouble charging. Love the styling.

Dislikes
* Spoiled by options - Not sure I can ever go back to a lesser car. My car has the aforementioned rear-axle steering, electro-chromatic roof, and Burmester sound, so I'm locked in to those options forever now. $$$ :(
* Software - This car is not a Tesla or Lucid when it comes to software. I'd love to see faster startup, walk-away door lock, and other updates to the UI, but get the feeling that happens at a much slower pace, which is unfortunate.

I've made two "upgrades" to the car: I added the Nine Volt MagSafe charger to the front cupholder (link here). The Porsche wireless charger in the center console is unusable and this provides an easy drop-in solution. It was simple to install and works great. 5-stars. I also added the FitCamX dashcam (link here). The installation is by far the cleanest I've seen - essentially invisible. Installation was perhaps a 4 out of 10 difficulty. I was careful not to break anything, so it took maybe an hour, which was totally reasonable. No problems so far.

Love the car. Really enjoy this community. And look forward to many years of happy Porsche driving!

- Mark

Taycan1.jpg
Welcome!

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes, all you need it Redshift performance upgrade and you will be set.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-intro-taycan-ecu-performance-packages.19243/

Test drove the Plaid before buying the Turbo S and was only wowed by the acceleration and nothing else.
I agree with being difficult to switch to one with lesser options car now and about software being the Achilles heel for Porsche.
Curious - why does he need the Redshift upgrade? How worthwhile is this upgrade?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more power, but man, these cars have 590hp and 627 lb/ft of torque and are electric. They need more power?

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
I agree with all of you....I especially appreciate rear wheel steering and the Burmester...I will never go back...and don't forget the tungsten carbide breaks.
Sponsored