12v battery problems - again

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah, it should be around that. But I want to actually measure it. Currently i drive the car every day though so mo chance yet to observe it :)

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
So I had a revelation during last night @800v

Does your battery monitor keep the data even if it is powered off?

After that sudden realization, this morning, I installed the ctek battery sense into my current car.

After I gather data for a day, I'm going to pull the fuse, wait an hour and reconnect.

I suspect all data will be lost which means the device will be useless to test the taycan during "extended holidays" because once the 12V battery goes offline, I'll loose all history that led to the battery death.

Back to the drawing board. $50 down the drain. Bummer.

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
To summarize, will it be ok for the 12v battery if install a blackvue dashcam with a power magic pro that is set to 12.0V cutoff with a timer set to 6h of work? This was my typical setup on my previous cars (hybrid bmw) and I haven’t had any problems for the past couple of years.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
To summarize, will it be ok for the 12v battery if install a blackvue dashcam with a power magic pro that is set to 12.0V cutoff with a timer set to 6h of work? This was my typical setup on my previous cars (hybrid bmw) and I haven’t had any problems for the past couple of years.
Get the 900 no need for magic box. Built in

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche has to review their software.
I also had a 12V problem after just 4 days in a freezing cold underground parking at the airport.
I still had enough power to open the car, the frunck…. but the car gave errors and couldn’t put it into drive.
I didn’t know that just leaving the car on, the battery should be recharged by the 800V but I don’t think that the error would have come away.
Porsche assistance couldn’t make it start either so they gave me a loaner and sent the car to the dealership.
The logs were sent to Porsche Germany that said that something was draining the 12V battery and it put itself in safe mode. But I have only an iphone MagSafe plugged without the phone and the usb-c should stop after couple of minutes.
Once at the dealership, they removed the errors, had to recharge the 12V and everything restarted ok.
I think the fact that the car was in freezing parking and had a bad network reception was also a
Now I also purchased a NOCO booster because I don’t want this to happen when I’m on holidays far away!

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Here is the error I got
Porsche Taycan 12v battery problems - again 92C8EAAE-C765-46A8-972E-CEB2D12A5D14

Porsche Taycan 12v battery problems - again CF710753-EDF4-4E97-AC25-54A81E418958

When the assistance plugged their booster, they said that the 12V was still ok.
Porsche Taycan 12v battery problems - again BFE3F483-1B63-4EA4-BACA-D730C877B5BC

Porsche Taycan 12v battery problems - again A56DAD73-E06E-4411-B586-788E6EE775E2

Now that I’m reading this post. Is 12.7 enough for the battery ?