Trussy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you @ciaranob @B61 @tbinmd @W1NGE @Kingske @PanameraFrank @schad @Fish Fingers @Scandinavian @02bluesuperroo @Hirschaj @f10tt @AnloTaycan2022 @Tsingtao @bah1590 @mandoyoda @BluBaby @vmporsche @erhand25 @Archimedes @Kayone73 @DerekS @Windpower @VA_CT

The dealership just called, I get it back tomorrow so will follow all your advice and track real world range.

It has 21 inch wheels, it was cold and has likely been abused by staff and customers as a demo so we'll see how it progresses. I'm likely just paranoid due to it developing so many faults so quickly. Fingers crossed all is well tomorrow!
Porsche Taycan 171 mile Range, I expected better. 20211220_102351

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It has 21 inch wheels, it was cold and has likely been abused by staff and customers as a demo so we'll see how it progresses. I'm likely just paranoid due to it developing so many faults so quickly. Fingers crossed all is well tomorrow!
FWIW I also have 21" wheels and I drive mine as hard as I can, all the time.

I've been experimenting this month without using the accelerator regen. I am currently showing 215 miles at 85%. It has been fairly cold this month.

Next month I am going to try with accelerator regen on and see what happens to range.

These are my two high scores for range, both taken last summer. I got my biggest degradation in estimated range after a long road trip from Dallas to Arkansas for Porsche Palooza. Since that trip the temperatures have cooled so I'm hoping for a return to my highs when it warms up.

Porsche Taycan 171 mile Range, I expected better. IMG_0169.PNG
Porsche Taycan 171 mile Range, I expected better. IMG_0170.PNG

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Fwiw, my F150 shows expected range based on last use. If I've pulled a boat, my estimate on the new tank will be very low. If I've sipped the gas on a long trip, I'll show 600+ miles of range, which isn't actual either.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
580 miles round trip yesterday/today, mostly motorways and not hanging about ;), approx 200 miles range, average outside temp 3-4 degrees C. CT4S, PB+, 20". If I was taking it easy would get +10-15% range but my strategy is to travel fast and charge fast on Ionity.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Looks like you're in Scotland during the winter.

You will at minimum loose 20% of your battery capacity due to the cold weather.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How many miles are you having right now, @Trussy ?
New car needs about 250-300 miles until recuperation starts.
Also, you should use recuperation (Automatic) for better range.
There is no efficiency/range effect of the different recuperation modes.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
IMO, it is, since Automatic mode provides more efficient coasting.
Coasting is very efficient. In any casee you need to slow down and you do so in three different recu modes without braking to much so that you would need to accelerate again (which can happen on strong drive pedal regen cars which call themselves "one pedal driving"), all three recuperation modes operate on exactly same efficiency level.

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Thank you @ciaranob @B61 @tbinmd @W1NGE @Kingske @PanameraFrank @schad @Fish Fingers @Scandinavian @02bluesuperroo @Hirschaj @f10tt @AnloTaycan2022 @Tsingtao @bah1590 @mandoyoda @BluBaby @vmporsche @erhand25 @Archimedes @Kayone73 @DerekS @Windpower @VA_CT

The dealership just called, I get it back tomorrow so will follow all your advice and track real world range.

20211220_102351.jpg
looks an absolute beast, beautiful car.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Thanks for the replies @B61 and @ciaranob.

I should have elaborated, it is an ex demo from Porsche GB supplied by Porsche Edinburgh, 21 reg with 1293 miles on the clock. I've done 200 of those in 2 and a half weeks.

350kW 93kWh RWD
Performance Battery Plus
On Board DC Charger 150kW

Heater, 360 camera, full beams, other safety features and Porsche connect app all been malfunctioning.

Fear I've been sold a pup and the battery is faulty too.
I agree you may have been sold a pup maybe...
I haven't seen a demo car sold with such low mileage. Normally kept for 6/12 and 5000 miles or so.
Almost looks like they wanted to get rid of it sharpish??!?!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Coasting is very efficient. In any casee you need to slow down and you do so in three different recu modes without braking to much so that you would need to accelerate again (which can happen on strong drive pedal regen cars which call themselves "one pedal driving"), all three recuperation modes operate on exactly same efficiency level.
That‘s why I said that A mode provides more efficient recup. In normal recup mode, you have to accelerate more
btw: I haven’t found the 3rd recup mode.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That‘s why I said that A mode provides more efficient recup. In normal recup mode, you have to accelerate more
btw: I haven’t found the 3rd recup mode.
Drive pedal recu off (coasting)
Drive pedal recu on
Auto recu

Three settings in the drive recu.
On the steering wheel, auto recu comes with long press on the battery/recu button
Sponsored