notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After my search for winter tires yielded nothing I finally managed to lay my hands on a set of these. Tires are Pirelli PZero Winter Elect. I like the looks of the wheels and hopefully they won't trap the snow as much as the aero wheels. Apologies for the dirty car but this is not the season for clean cars out here.

Total time 90 minutes. Should be doable in less than 60 minutes without digging for tools and repeatedly looking stuff up. Equipment used:

Tire Rack 2ton Aluminum Service Jack
Creative Steel Porsche Jack Pads
2x Guide Bolt
Lug Wrench
Torque Wrench + 19mm nut
Two beaten up chocks of questionable provenance found in garage

Random factoid: I found that Gaudin Porsche consistently beats Suncoast on price and service when it come to parts. YMMV.

Porsche Taycan 20" Tequipment Design Winter Set Installed IMG_0019

Porsche Taycan 20" Tequipment Design Winter Set Installed IMG_0022

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi OP. May I ask what was your experience with “trap the snow as much as the aero wheels”?

Order the GTS standard wheels like below:
Porsche Taycan 20" Tequipment Design Winter Set Installed 1326B2C2-D6E4-4AFE-9A9A-4089E2BF92D6

I was planning to put snow tires on these wheels and order aftermarket ones for summer.

The area has heavy snow from times to times.

Would you suggest against using the aero wheels for winter?

thanks.

OP
OP
notsofast

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was planning to put snow tires on these wheels and order aftermarket ones for summer.

The area has heavy snow from times to times.

Would you suggest against using the aero wheels for winter?
I don't have any practical experience with the 20" aero wheels I had on the car before (see first pic) but another gentleman (can't find the thread right now) reported having problems with them trapping snow. Given how closed they are this is not too surprising to me. On your wheels there is at least some opening all the way around so it might not be as much of an issue.

Thomas

PS: Those wheels look great!

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@zzy45 the wheels you show are actually the Turbo S Aero wheels, the OP has the Turbo Aero wheels, if you search some of my threads you will see one user from Finland that was having issues with the snow packing in the Turbo Aero wheels and a pic of them packing is in his profile.

I have the Nokian Hakkapiiletta 10 EV Silent Studded tires on the Turbo Aero wheels and have not noticed the snow packing as of yet.

Yours on the CT, Turbo S Aero, have extra holes and may make this more, or less prominent. Let us know.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
@zzy45 the wheels you show are actually the Turbo S Aero wheels, the OP has the Turbo Aero wheels, if you search some of my threads you will see one user from Finland that was having issues with the snow packing in the Turbo Aero wheels and a pic of them packing is in his profile.

I have the Nokian Hakkapiiletta 10 EV Silent Studded tires on the Turbo Aero wheels and have not noticed the snow packing as of yet.

Yours on the CT, Turbo S Aero, have extra holes and may make this more, or less prominent. Let us know.
Thanks for the clarification!

if things go well I will be taking delivery of the Sedan GTS in summer so will be living with the summer tires first; I will definitely make comparison between the look and usability between snow & non-snow seasons
Sponsored