21" CT Winter Tires

Turbo_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo, 911 Turbo
Country flag
Anyone was thinking about winter tires on a Cross Turismo with the 21" already ?

It looks like the Michelin Alpin 5 only got a homologation on the rear axle.

Will there be any issue regarding the warranty with non "N" marked tires ?
Sponsored

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
Anyone was thinking about winter tires on a Cross Turismo with the 21" already ?

It looks like the Michelin Alpin 5 only got a homologation on the rear axle.

Will there be any issue regarding the warranty with non "N" marked tires ?
I just ordered Michelin Pilot alpin 5,
265/35/21 front
305/30/21 Rear

to my Mission E wheels .

My Porsche dealer recommended those tyres for Taycan.

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
There are unfortunatly no Porsche approved winter tires for the Taycan that have a "N" label in 21". There is a 3rd party shop in Germany that sells the Cross Turismo design wheels that I drive in Summer with 21" winter tires. I contacted him and he admitted that they dont have "N" label and that there are currently non that do in 21".

A friend had warranty issues with one of my previous cars where Porsche would not pay for the repair as the car had non "N" labeled tires and the whole procedure was quite annoying. As long as you have warranty on your car be carefull. The dealer said that the construction of the tires is slightly different based on the geometrie of the achsle and the steering. Not sure if it is actually true or Porsche just wants you to buy their overpriced tires but warrenty could be an issue (at least in Germany).

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
There are unfortunatly no Porsche approved winter tires for the Taycan that have a "N" label in 21". There is a 3rd party shop in Germany that sells the Cross Turismo design wheels that I drive in Summer with 21" winter tires. I contacted him and he admitted that they dont have "N" label and that there are currently non that do in 21".

A friend had warranty issues with one of my previous cars where Porsche would not pay for the repair as the car had non "N" labeled tires and the whole procedure was quite annoying. As long as you have warranty on your car be carefull. The dealer said that the construction of the tires is slightly different based on the geometrie of the achsle and the steering. Not sure if it is actually true or Porsche just wants you to buy their overpriced tires but warrenty could be an issue (at least in Germany).
I got same info from my dealer, so I'm going with 20".

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
I got same info from my dealer, so I'm going with 20".
Not sure how you got in with to winter 20’s but I bought the porsche 20’s complete with N tyres less 10% discount and dealer agreed to swap and store for 2 yrs free of charge. I’ve done 4500m on the winters and can say I have been impressed with the added comfort and immense grip on cold wet roads, Ice and snow. No warranty or insurance worries !! ✅

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not sure how you got in with to winter 20’s but I bought the porsche 20’s complete with N tyres less 10% discount and dealer agreed to swap and store for 2 yrs free of charge. I’ve done 4500m on the winters and can say I have been impressed with the added comfort and immense grip on cold wet roads, Ice and snow. No warranty or insurance worries !! ✅
i got nice discount for 20” with winter tires….and I liked them a lot, even there was almost no snow here….but I made about 8000km on cold,,wet roads…. Less noise than now shen i’m back on 21” summer’s…
Sponsored